Easy Office
LCI Learning

ICAI REMOVES CHOICE IN EXAMS FROM NOV 2009 ONWARDS

Page no : 3

CA Sagar Jeurkar (NA) (233 Points)
Replied 02 October 2009

This is the best step ICAI has ever taken.. It'll filter those articles who are doing dummy articleship as ICAI has emphasised on "Expert and Practical Level of knowledge" and also making it more tough by removing options from question papers...

This will indirectly benefit our student community.. Tendency of selective studies will go away.. and CA profession would become more Qualitative and Authenticated.. take this as an Opportunity rather than a Threat.. ALL THE BEST...!!!

(Guest)

hai friends.......the notification clearly stated that practical questions are given prority and all questions should be mandatory......thats it

its already known that all questions are compulsory in our paper..........

vivek (student) (88 Points)
Replied 02 October 2009

Originally posted by :Nayan Dutta
" whatever it is we have to do it, so lets do it "

YUP BRO.. HOPE WE BOUNCE BACK

(Guest)

I feel that there is no clarity in that notificaion what exactly ICAI wanted to tell us:

C.A. Sanjay Bhatia (CA) (496 Points)
Replied 02 October 2009

it is unfair because in Exams like Law ,we used to skip some chapters as it will be covered in choices,now the difficulty has increased.....

shivam (student) (112 Points)
Replied 02 October 2009

wow..!!!! it really seems to be gr8...like such..

as being a professional course... i think institute has taken a fair step...

DEEPAK (CA FINAL) (814 Points)
Replied 02 October 2009

it is unfair

CA Tushar Lakhanpal (CA) (416 Points)
Replied 03 October 2009

i dont think its fair...

Kishan Vashist (Senior Analyst) (63 Points)
Replied 03 October 2009

Any one have knowledge about.... options to choose final old course???

PS Prabhakar (Partner in a CA firm) (930 Points)
Replied 03 October 2009

Hi Guys, this is a letter I wrote to the President and his council colleagues on this issue. While the President, in my opinion, has either closed or no mind on this issue (as he has many things that are dear to his mind and others are so busy in the ensuing elections, it is highly doubtful whether they would even get time to be worried about such trivial issues. After all, stuidents, you dont have any vote yet!

Dear Mr President,

I am appalled to see the "important announcement"  in the Institute's website  regarding the Nov 2009 examination - about the Examination Committee having taken some important decisions in respect of (a) syllabus change and (b) pattern change.

I do not see how it is even possible for the ICAI to take such far reaching decisions regarding the examination which is slated just about amonth away, when the students are almost in the final phase of their preparations. How is it possible for the students to adapt to such changes, especially on the issue of every question being compulsory in nature?

Is the committee out of its mind? Or just because the committee thinks that after all they are dealing with CA students, who cannot organise themselves, like students pursuing other professional courses like medicine, engineering or law,  for any form of protest against such blatantly unilateral, legally untenable decisions taken with abject non-application of mind? What kind of temerity is this to announce it on Oct 1st for the Nov examination and brazenly adding that "Students may note that the first paragraph of this announcement is in addition to the announcement already published in the October, 2009 issue of the students’ newsletter – The Chartered Accountant Student".

No other professional educational institution, which runs predominantly on students' money would attempt to do something like this. And what a funny preamble? "CA course being a professional course, practical training is an essential part..." We didn't know this all these years and neither did the students! If giving 'practical training' any importance, why does not the ICAI think of introducing something like 'internal assessment' by the principals?

When such 'wisdom' has suddenly dawned on the council or the committee, as the case may be, I will ask you all only one question. Is any one of you prepared to take the examination once again even under the easier norms that were prevailing when all of you wrote the examinations?

My indignation on the committee's insensitivity is so much that I do not wish to make any appeals. Therefore I demand that such ridiculous, mindless changes be not done in the eleventh hour. If at all you want to make any changes, prepare the students well in advance and take the student community in to confidence and do them.

I hope correct wisdom prevails and the ICAI corrects its course, well in time.

Regards

Prabhakar

G Aditya (Article) (289 Points)
Replied 03 October 2009

take it as a challenge and start working,,,,come on guys.....

Sameer D Luthra (SERVICE) (69 Points)
Replied 03 October 2009

Is the change for Final-Old course too, as such students attempting CA Final under old course have last attempt this Nov? Where do we confirm this?

Aditya (CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT) (179 Points)
Replied 03 October 2009

IT IS A GOOD STEP FOR IMPROVING  THE QUALITY OF EDUCATION.  ALL PAPERS SHOULD BE PRACITICAL ORIENTED, BY THIS DUMMY ARTCILSHIP RATIO COME DOWN AND THE CA PROFESSION GET QUALITY PROFEESIONALS IN FUTURE

CA Mansi Daswani (working) (36 Points)
Replied 03 October 2009

is it applicable for ca final olf slyyabus students appearin in nov 2009 can some one plz tell

this is horribl how can they do such a thing one month ago

pratik (CA) (1186 Points)
Replied 03 October 2009

I think this annoucement should have come little early as the nov exams are fast approaching

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: