Easy Office
LCI Learning

ICAI REMOVES CHOICE IN EXAMS FROM NOV 2009 ONWARDS

Page no : 2

Satvir Singh (Newly minted CA) (1733 Points)
Replied 02 October 2009

it should be clarified whether there will be an internal choice in question.

The statement by ICAI is vague.

MEHUL SHAH (Auditing Taxation XBRL Training )   (440 Points)
Replied 02 October 2009

On what email id should we ask our queries to institute and is it for sure that no theories for COsting and MAFA.. I think Institute should come up with more clear notification.. As does it mean totally elimination of thery question or does it mean that they shall ask Practical type theory questions ??

Chintan Vasa (CA Final Student M.Com)   (1241 Points)
Replied 02 October 2009

I think there is nothing wrong in it. This is not a school exam where we get tons of options. We are in a highly noble profession & to sustain its integrity & its value any Tom, Dick & Harry shouldnt pass out. By this step only those students will clear who have prepared the subjects in depth. I think this initiative should be welcomed by all rather then criticising it

CA Dhiraj Ramchandani (CA, M. com) (10823 Points)
Replied 02 October 2009

Originally posted by :MEHUL SHAH
" On what email id should we ask our queries to institute and is it for sure that no theories for COsting and MAFA.. I think Institute should come up with more clear notification.. As does it mean totally elimination of thery question or does it mean that they shall ask Practical type theory questions ?? "

This is wat is expected by everyone of us... I mean, they shd clearify the notifications they r posting....

And for mailing, u shd mail at mss @ icai.org....

(Guest)

Mr. Arindam,

In Final there are choices in auditing, law,costing,MICS and Indirect choice.. And I am not talking about internal choice.. So there is definite ambiguity in the circular...

Replied 02 October 2009

And though v have internal choices, atleast v have a choice to avoid any particular Q, if v dnt knw...

But now... v cant escape anything.. If v dnt knw any answer, v r expected to loose marks now.. thats it...

Dipesh (Article) (28 Points)
Replied 02 October 2009

Asking practical type is very good but not giving choice is not ok....

Replied 02 October 2009

Agree with dipesh...

Practical Qs, if not read, can b solved by l'le bit of our experience.. But wat if v dnt knw a complete Q...

Even, LAW/AUDIT gettin wid complete practical cases will do.., v can tackle...

CA Abhishek Kapuria (Chartered Accountant) (105 Points)
Replied 02 October 2009

hey bhagyesh jusy shut up.is very easy to say these lines !!

Himanshu grover (c.a. final) (375 Points)
Replied 02 October 2009

Originally posted by :abhishek kapuria
" hey bhagyesh jusy shut up.is very easy to say these lines !! "

hey abhishek i think bhagyesg is right

Manmohan ACA, CS (Chartered Accountant ) (14243 Points)
Replied 02 October 2009

It hardly makes a difference, one should always prepare whole syllabi and should avoid selective study

CA AYUSH AGRAWAL (Kolkata-Pune-Mumbai) (26986 Points)
Replied 02 October 2009

It will not affect on those who always dare to be pass in any way. but ya its fact that it will make hard to pass, cancelling choices will makes difference, but giving practicle approach to paper is good.

(Guest)

Mr. Manmohan I disagree with you.. Its not reading the whole syllabus that is the issue here.. How can you bring in a notification like this one month in advance when preparations of the students are tuned towards exam mode.. How does it bring parity to those students who completed this june whose preparations were by your standard '' selective''..

Such a stupid notification should never have come now.. And most of the people who say that this notification is okay are those who either have completed the exams or their attempt is not in November.. They have not felt the true hit..

(Guest)

And regarding the practical approach how can you expect students with two years experience in articlehip minus the exam leave, attending classes to have gained expert knowledege.. even ins has told that 35 hrs a week of articleship is enough.. It would more or less amount to one year of articleship....

its ridiculous to think a person woud become an expert so soonnnnnn......

Manmohan ACA, CS (Chartered Accountant ) (14243 Points)
Replied 02 October 2009

Originally posted by :rahul
" Mr. Manmohan I disagree with you.. Its not reading the whole syllabus that is the issue here.. How can you bring in a notification like this one month in advance when preparations of the students are tuned towards exam mode.. How does it bring parity to those students who completed this june whose preparations were by your standard '' selective''..
Such a stupid notification should never have come now.. And most of the people who say that this notification is okay are those who either have completed the exams or their attempt is not in November.. They have not felt the true hit..
"

It means u are saying that !  "how ICAI dare to tell you to read full syllabus and it should not be done,"  but if you came to know  the fact  in examination itself that  there is no choices in  question paper  it would have been okey for you, But don't tell us beforehand  !!

Fuuny !!

Selective reading in professional exam is a Big Risk,

and ICAI is screaming it from last 2 years that please do not go for selective reading,

It means if a  Doctor tell you about your bad condition before hand , you are not happy with that, Although afterward u  may might suffer a lot due to not disclosure.

I will say it is good that ICAI has made it official announcement and better read the unleft part (of any) at least one.

and those who did not clear in June , may be didn't clear due to this selective study.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: