Easy Office
LCI Learning

How to be successful in Exams

Page no : 2

BALASUBRAMANYA B Npro badge (CCI STUDENT....) (44666 Points)
Replied 10 February 2011

SUPER SIR JI, WONDERFUL COLLECTIONS...STUDENTS CAN GET WELL USE OF THIS POSTING IN ONE PLACE ALL DIFF TYPES OF SUGGESSTIONS TO EXAMS..

https://www.chacocanyon.com/images/excited-people.gif

WOW...SIR JI..FIRST IS MY ARTICLE, THANKS A LOT SIR FOR POST MINE WITH THIS TOP EXPERTS PEOPLE..

https://www.peoplespressnews.com/blog/images/happy-face.gif

VERY HAPPY OF SEEING THIS POSTINGS..

https://www.wondercliparts.com/thanks_for_the_add/thanks_for_add_graphics_01.gif

THANKS A LOT SIR JI..

STUDENTS WELL USE OF THIS POSTING AND GET SUCCESS..

https://comments16.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/wishing-best-of-luck.jpg

BEST OF LUCK..

1 Like

BALASUBRAMANYA B Npro badge (CCI STUDENT....) (44666 Points)
Replied 10 February 2011

Success System to destroy the CA examination Devil!

Dear Students,

Thank you for the stupendous encouragement given to me and my articles.

Do join my community and get tips, all articles in one-go and clarifications(https://www.caclubindia.com/community/crack-ca-exams-in-minimum-no-of-attempts-mythreya-2192.asp).

**********************************************************************************************

These are pointers to a success-system which you must develop on your own to clear this exam.

A system is differentiated from process. Process is a mere technique or a tactic employed. System is a broadened picture akin to strategy.

Those who follow only processes, tips and techniques sans a solid over-all strategy invariably fail to take over the examination devil.

Yes, CA exam is a devil! I have no hang-ups or religious verbosity to defend it with conservatism and politeness and praise it. The examination is set to fail students.This is the hard reality which many fail to understand.

According to me exams are an inefficient way to analyze a person's capability. But then there is a standard measurement which needs to be adopted and that too for a developing country like India seeped in conservatism, diffidence and rigidness in study and education systems, exams are treated like veritable Gods!

I say exams are devils! ...

They(CA exams in this case) sap your emotional energy, your self-esteem, they create too much of pressure in your head, neurons get depleted by too much of prolonged study-sessions, the person enters into a rut, there is a status quo into which passed out CAs enter and begin a  vicious cycle of ill-treating all else who did not pass(this adds pressure to the student preparing considering CA exam to be one very difficult and hard nut to crack), egos get ruffled, the body enervates with strain, pressure of not having study-holidays, the current transfership ban and other red-tapist woes, reports/rumours that CA exam is being heavily moderated, expectations of near and dear ones who begin to value you in terms of you being a pass or a fail in this man-made exam, the worry of opportunities after the exam, Student suicides(each time I read such cases in India, I shed tears),etc.

Yeah, CA exam is a veritable devil set to pounce on you. I’m not going to sing praises for this exam-devil which saps my brothers and sisters of India. For once I’m going to side with students very vehemently....yeah; I know that sounds like a goody-goody political Bhaashan.

But then I care for my country and the youth who are suffering.

The system is so wrong and the system has created a Devil. The Devil called CA exam. I don’t care about niceties and expressional/Verbal politeness. I care about YOU students who are reading and how best I can help you.

Even as I type these lines, many might say inside, "Tch Tch...this dude is writing nonsense.CA exam is such a sacred cow and this dude is calling it a devil. He was writing sane articles till now, now I think he has gone cuckoo"

Yeah, sometimes I go cuckoo and shout over roof-tops that the "Emperor is running around naked!"

The education system created the current CA exam Devil.

1. Many faint in the beginning itself without even fighting the "devil" at the mere sight of it. (Leaving the exam for next attempt or absenting oneself from writing all the exams after mere poor performance in the first exam)

2. Some lose track and prepare in a slipshod manner, SURELY knowing they fail and the DEVIL would eat them up.

However, there is a final category which sits up and thinks.

I used to think like this, "Yeah this system is bad. The exams are making my friends leave me in shame that they did not clear. They separate me from my friends because I have passed the exam and they did not. This system creates divides much like caste, religion, creed, etc...This is the new intellectual dogma. How should I help my friends, my brothers and sisters?......"

What should be done? I pondered like the despondent Arjuna on the battlefield. Luckily my ‘Krishna’ came from my own soul in the form of a system....

To kill the devil and smash it to smithereens...you need the hammer of a SUCCESS SYSTEM!

If they have a system and they can create a devil.

So can you! This is the simple secret.

You can create your own system and smash the illusory devil with your super-hero.

Yes, the DEVIL is lurking only in the mind. It can thrive only in the recesses of your brain, in the interior spaces of your heart and in a distant illusory, mayavic future.So ‘they’ can implant it only there.

I went to an Aghori(a Yogi) in Kasi...he used to say..."Sab Maya Hain..." and He used to laugh deliriously!

Yeah! Haha! CA Exam devil is a MAYA(Illusion)...maybe I too should maverically laugh like him. People don’t understand they are in Maya...sab maya hain!

Maybe now the super-hero must come to your aid... (Yeah, I know all this sounds childish and simplistic but then if you ponder deep, you will know what I’m trying to tell you is really profound. I’m making it look simple. I can type a hubris(complicated stuff) before you, get into your good books as an intellectual Sahib and get a name for myself but frankly I’m not helping you...and that is why this ploy and tactic to help you)

Your super-hero which emanates from the success-system is the spirit which beats this devil into submission.

The system is very simple. I give less number of pointers(5 pointers) to ink my concepts in your sub-conscious psyche.

The success-system when followed yields you control over this devil called CA exams and totally destroys it and you too can become a successful student who clears the CA exam in minimal number of attempts and many a time in the first attempt itself with even a rank to go-by!

Pointer 1: Love what you are doing.

I simply love what I’m doing. This is what differentiates me from the rest. This is the secret of my success. I come from a very poor middle class Brahmin family. I was subjected to many a humiliation by my economically richer relatives and 'friends', yet with great intellectual confidence, with chutzpah which defies all odds, working even at menial jobs I have made success not just in India but also in USA and Canada...This is stated here not to boast about myself(for everything is god-given, nothing of my own) but to inspire you. In all this I never forget 2 things

1. My roots

and

2. Loving what one does.

This is the first prana (breath of life) which you infuse into your super-hero—Spirit (the genie) to beat this CA exam devil.

The prana of love...

Not loving what you do and making you bored and squeezing your time to bl**dy bits, is the tactic of this CA Exam devil and it is done by its hands. Your hands instead of studying do many other things, instead of working out problems indulge in various other activities…I don’t blame you it is the devil which does it…so be cool!

But with this pranic love, you cut the hands of this devil asunder!

Pointer 2: The Aim of CA exam study is CA exam study itself!

Bhagavad-Gita my constant companion to teach me all the truths of life, says that do the work but for work in itself (not results thereof)...this is the greatest joy, this is the greatest psychological truth which Lord Krishna has stated philosophically. I used to read this even while studying under a staircase (accommodation) in Canada shivering in the cold with just an overcoat on myself and a few dollars with me sent by my economically poor father from India.

This flows from the first Pointer my dear friends.

Unless you love what you are doing you won’t know how to implement this deeper philosophy of aiming for CA exam study for CA exam study sake and not for pass/marks/ranks. Many keep goals yet they don’t achieve it. The precise reason being the lack of this unadulterated effort. (Unadulterated by the goal dangling before you)

When a student understands that the aim of CA studies is not a mere pass, but CA studies in itself and the resultant joy it provides, he or she ceases to fix attention exclusively on the final result. The fear of the final result is the devil's legs. It makes you run from one coaching centre to another, it makes you accumulate notes after notes(yet reading very little out of the collected notes!)…I don’t blame your legs,it’s the devil inside you which makes you run like this. Stay in peace! You cut the devil's legs by this pointer.

Now, the devil collapses, yet it is still alive and like Rakthabeejaasura it can again re-grow its limbs unless you are swift in action like the Samurai in the 'Five Rings'.

Pointer 3: Believe in prayers and self-help.

I know some of you are atheists but even you can get some help with affirmations.

For the rest I would advice. Keep praying to God every day. This is not accepting defeat or becoming a coward. It is the highest connection you develop with infinity. Have self-help books around, whether you need them or read them. Just their presence would augur in good spirits, positive vibes and allies to help you vanquish this demon.

Self-help books even save lives. I know lot of people who were battling clinical depression who survived reading books like "Success through a positive mental attitude". God is always a Good God!

This helps you cope up with thoughts of failure. This is not mere placebo, it actually helps. Prayers help a lot in bringing in the cosmic universal energy into your frail nervous system.

More things are wrought by prayer

Than this world dreams of… Wherefore, let thy voice

Rise like a fountain for me night and day.

For what are men better than sheep or goats                

That nourish a blind life within the brain,

If, knowing God, they lift not hands of prayer

Both for themselves and those who call them friend?

For so the whole round earth is every way

Bound by gold chains about the feet of God.—Alfred Tennyson(Morte D’ Arthur--Poems)

Your head keeps chattering in fear both inside and outside in diffidence and fear.But then I don’t blame you again for it is the devil in you who does the talking.

However, with this pointer the chattering devil's head is cut.

Yet the devil can still resuscitate in totality!

Pointer 4: Learn from the experience of others and mentors.

Being open-minded to suggestions from those who have excelled, considering someone to be a mentor for life, etc is a great step to further decimate this devil.

The experienced people have already been there and done it. You need not re-invent the wheel!

Mentors are great sources for self-confidence and inspiration. They give you insights into the activity knowledge and the know-how to pass exams.

Activity knowledge and know-how to approach exams lie in the heart of passing the exams. This is the innermost fear which besets the hearts of students…whether I’m going right?...Whether I bought the right books?...Whether I’m going to the proper coaching centers?...Your heart beats faster, randomly, skips a beat when something bad happens.I don’t blame you, it is the devil’s heart which does all these tricks…Stay calm…

This pointer plucks out the heart of the CA devil....yet the devil can re-grow!

Pointer 5: This pointer I have already dealt with in my posting about positive crisis creation. This totally burns the devil to cinders and gulps it! So that there is no possibility of it to re-grow again!

Read about this here: https://www.caclubindia.com/articles/how-to-clear-ca-exam-in-one-go-crisis-situation-is-the-key--4573.asp

These 5 pointers help create your own success-system and a spirit (genie) which emanates from it to kill, exterminate, decimate the devil which has been produced by the education system--the bane of Exams to evaluate people.

This is the strategy template I give using the metaphorical concept of a battle between the David(Student) and the Goliath(Exam). The metaphor might be gross but has been described by me in a unique way to embed the concept completely in your mind.

But am sure, you feel relieved deep inside reading this as all along you have had to endure a sort of pent-up stress.

Try this system and not only will it work like how it worked with people whom I advised, you also take your "sweet-revenge"!

Be a warrior of sorts and take up the sword of challenge!

Your well-wisher and Chanukya,

Mythreya Sreeraam Bhallyjayappalle.

1 Like

(Guest)

thanks sir to get all the best way to get sucessful .....

to make a run short

to make all the things at one place

thanks alot

Resham (Carpe Diem !!!) (6535 Points)
Replied 10 February 2011

Awesome Work Sir.... Just Awesome...

Bookmarked !!!

CA Ravi Sisodia (CA,CS,CMA) (32226 Points)
Replied 10 February 2011

Originally posted by : Resham

Awesome Work Sir.... Just Awesome...

Bookmarked !!!

yes its Asesome work by Balu sir, Surendra sir, Vivek sir, Ankur sir, Dashrath sir, Ramesh sir.

1 Like

Sunshine (Helping All) (10575 Points)
Replied 10 February 2011

what a compiler sir ji...!!

Vikash Maheshwari (learner) (6358 Points)
Replied 10 February 2011

great work sir...................thnx a lot.................

Replied 10 February 2011

THIS IS MY SECOND ARTICLE EMPHASIS ON “ HOW TO PREPARE FOR UPCOMING EXAMS RIGHT FROM THE BEGINNING WHEN U ENTER THE PROFESSIONAL COURSE” like CA , CS, CWA, and many others.

HAVE A LOOK.

1 Study from ICAI / ICSI / ICWAI MODULES for all subjects supplemented by other books recommended by your coaching centres or friends. ICAI MODULES are must. Even, in exams many of the questions are framed from modules itself.

2 Make brief notes of relevant topics in one page which you feel that they are very important from exam point of view by in very brief and concise form so that it becomes easy to remember.

3 Make TIME TABLE for preparation of topics on daily basis or weekly basis. But, remember you should follow it. Any variation in time table must be taken seriously by you and take corrective actions.

4 Supervision is must for your TIME TABLE. And u can only become your own best supervisor for all ACTS u perform for exam preparation.

5 Ensure two revisions before you appear for the examination. In other words, a minimum of three readings should have been completed by the time you appear for the examination.

6 Look all the question papers of previous examinations so that you easily cope up with answering question framed during exams. It’s very compulsory for each and every student.

7 Based on weightage to each topics of every modules, prepare accordingly and spend more time and effort for important topics. But be careful, don’t ever go blindly with the last 5 year’s paper trend. It may be change in your exam case.

8 In the case of theory subjects, focus on understanding the concepts thoroughly . Read each topics again and again. U will memorise them automatically.

9 In the case of numerical subjects, such as accountancy, costing and mathematics, focus on understanding the methods, formulae and format of presenting the solution.

10 Practice makes the man perfect.

11 Have group study once in a week. It will prove boon to your preparation.

12. LASTLY, “Winner’s don’t do different things, they do things differently.” Be a “WINNER”.

REGARDS

RAHUL BANSAL

Replied 10 February 2011

My statistics teacher in the starting of my 12th standard told us...“Nothing is better than handwritten notes if you want to understand as well as retain things in your mind… The more you write, the more you understand and the more you read your own handwritten notes, the more you will be able to remember, retain and even recall.”

Those words struck me… and as I didn’t go for tuitions for my board exams I started out with preparing my own notes rather than depending on my friends’ tuition notes. I was continuously doubted by my friends, neighbors and many even said that I secretly went for tuitions when I said that I went to my music class... (Not that I was ever demotivated by that… I think those things made me have that burning desire in me to answer back)

And the result??... not that I gloat over it but I secured 1st rank in my school and 3rd in district backing down all my classmates who went for tuitions… all those who ever ever doubted me… And it wasn’t like I left all my passions at bay that year…. (Dreadful to even think of such a life... you know am no book worm) I was very much into all my extra-curricular activities…and the credit goes to -- without doubt my teachers and parents (who never doubted my abilities) and my notes

But the problem that many students in the initial stages confront is “What is the correct way to prepare notes?” “Which notes can be called effective notes?” “What kind of points should be included in notes?”…

…And many other queries which can be zeroed into one basic question “HOW TO PREPARE EFFECTIVE NOTES?”

So these are some points that I have got to know from my experience….

“Experience is the name so many people give to their mistakes.”

Oh okay… my mistakes…

THE BASIC THINGS YOU’LL NEED:

o   4 different colored pens

o   Pencils

o   Highlighter

o   Blank stickers

o   Your regular compass box containing rubber, scale, sharpener, etc.

o   And a lot of patience...As Stanislaw lec puts it in words,You must first have a lot of patience to learn to have patience.”

THE BASICS:

·   Keep different notes for different subjects and stick a plain sticker on top of each notebook. (the use of this is discussed later)

· When you prepare notes keep only the requisite material with you… (What I mean to say is that don’t clutter the table with unnecessary things) unneeded things will make you clumsy and may even confuse you at times.

·  Write the name of the subject on all the sides of the notebook with a sketch pen so as to easily locate it…

·   Try as much as you can to intentionally refrain from shabby handwriting… ASTONISHED?? READ ON... ( I had this friend of mine in school who used to intentionally write long answers in shabby handwriting coz he knew that otherwise also he is not going to get marks… so he thought that the teacher might feel that the student knows the answers but the only thing is that his handwriting is not legible… no wonder he always got double dose… a zero in tests as well as scolding for illegible handwriting… he he)

HOW TO START WITH IT:           

Now don’t think that you are just too dumb( or even too smart) to take down notes… of course you can’t learn anything by merely sitting in front of a white sheet of paper and wondering the perfect way of preparing notes… Start out…  Let’s remember the words ofUrsula K. LeGuin, “You sit down and you do it, and you do it, and you do it, until you have learned to do it.”

THE STEPS:

STEP 1: Read the chapter wholly, underline the important points and then first prepare an outline of the chapter – Like the topics covered, some important points (you can get to know about that from a scanner).

STEP 2: Edit the underlined points, make the shortest sentence possible out of that and then start writing it… Remember Writing is 1 percent inspiration, and 99 percent elimination.”

Louise Brooks

So all that you need to do it is eliminate the unwanted things very well…

It is perfectly okay to write garbage – as long as you edit brilliantly.”

C. J. Cherryh

STEP 3:  Underline the important points, encircle important words so as to make it catchy.

DON’T’s:

>>  Never never start preparing notes of any chapter or topic (for subjects like TAX) without reading it wholly at least once... Once you get to understand the whole topic, you’ll be able to present it in a much better way and in a concise manner…

>>  Don’t you dare think that preparing notes is vocation to be done in leisure… it is a very important part of your studies. So don’t wait for the right time at which you should start making notes. Now is the moment.

>> While doing sums, one should rate the difficulty level of that sum e.g. easy then 1*, very difficult 4*… but don’t do it before completing all the sums… only after you are done with a variety of sums will you be able to judge its difficulty level.

>>  Don’t be slow. I have seen many who literally follow this quote by Abraham Lincoln “Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening my axe” in their own version i.e. “Give me six hours to prepare notes… I’ll spend the four hours decorating the same” . They will read a para, write down the points with different colors, decorate the whole page and would give unnecessary attention to handwriting further dipping their speed… no doubt note making is an art but you need not become a painter for that…

Remember the words of Raymond Chandler The faster I write the better my output. If I'm going slow, I'm in trouble. It means I'm pushing the words instead of being pulled by them.”

DO’S

Ø  Make use of different colored pens -- you see you don’t need to do it in this fasion… the aim is not to make it whole colorful but to differentiate a point from other depending upon its relative importance…

Ø  The plain sticker which we stick on each and every notebook should always state the subject’s name (number the books in case of multiple notebooks for each subject e.g. costing-1, costing-2…), thechapters covered in that notebook against which should be written the page number. This will help you at the time of exams. You won’t have to browse all the notebooks. It saves time… which we desperately need.

Ø  Make maximum possible use of Arrows and diagrams… It will work wonders in helping you retain whatever is learnt for a long period of time… moreover you won’t have to go through lengthy paragraphs.

Ø  Maintain a small index on the first page of each notebook.

Ø  BE EXCEPTIONALLY FAST Remember "If everything is under control, you are going too slow." - Mario Andretti (1940-)

No really… in the beginning it might seem that it gets difficult to speed up… Still do it. Remember those times when you had not done a chapter and the teacher declares a test for the very next day…? At those times we were able to complete the chapter in a day which otherwise would have taken a weeks time…

Ø  TEXT BOXES:  Whenever you feel that there is something related to this particular topic or sum which needs to be stated in a way that it catches our attention immediately then take a different colored pen, make a small text box beside that topic or sum and write that down in it…

For sums –

>>  Always write the question number and page number beside the question and even in the textbook write the notebook number and page number… this will provide a ready reference again saving a lot of time.

>>  Always write 4 basic things while solving sums:-

o   Given

o   Find/Calculate

o   Solution

o   Answer

>>  Working in this style would make your notes more systematic and easily locatable.

>>  If you make this a habit you can easily escape shabby notebooks and eventually shabby answer sheets.

>>  Have a habit of marking those things which you find a bit tricky for further reference.

With this I end it here… I have tried to cover maximum points.

"Do, or do not. There is no ‘try’."

- Yoda, The Empire Strikes Back

Thank you Admin, all my friends and respected elders.

Waiting eagerly for your comments ( more than results)

Regards

Resham

Replied 10 February 2011

Quotes for

Introduction -

Well this is exactly the time when I should  have got my PCC result but thanks to ICAI that we have to wait for another 3 Days. I pray to God that whatever is going on it should bring cheers on the face of result aspirants.

So, as I am free and a bit relaxed too  so I am back with my Genre of Articles i.e. Inspirational with a tadka of Humour.

Here are some quotes which are very much related with a CA student life :-

(A) The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary-

See this is CA and not any Graduation exam where you can pass with a week study.  So there is no alternative for Hard Work in CA.

So, think many times before joining this prestigious course and don't join it because your best friend is joining it. Par agar agar ek baar join kar liya hai toh dubara mat socchna.

If you are thinking to clear it with luck then please this is not your cup of tea because even fortune favours the brave.

Luck is what you have left over after you give 100 percent.

Yaar yahan to bade-2 intelligent bando ka band baj jata hai because CA is not only about intelligence but Intelligence with Hard work. Pehla factor kam ho chalega but doosra (Hard Work) to hona hi chahiye...

(B) The elevator to success is out of order. You'll have to use the stairs... one step at a time

There is no shortcut to success but definitely a shortcut to Hell (MTV Roadies). 

All of us know that we have to clear 3 Chakraview of CA (CPT, PCC and FInal )  and difficulty level goes on increasing.

If you have clear CPT in first attempt then don't think that  you have become a CA. Picture abhi baaki hai mere dost.

CPT toh ek trailor tha and PCC is the real picture. But to achieve that first you have to clear the basic exam (CPT)  .

Don't forget that to win 1 Crore in KBC i.e. CA degree  first you have to answer the initial question of Rs. 5000 (CPT) correctly.

To think is easy. To act is hard. But the hardest thing in the world is to act in accordance with your thinking

In a nutshell it's not impossible to clear CA but you have to continue with your Hard work .

(C) Age is of no importance unless youre a cheese

Yaar I am 25 and still struck in PCC . Main toh buddha ho gaya ....;(

There is a misconception in general public about the entry age in CA. According to me there is no age for studies.

During my Articleship I encounter  one lady who started her CA at the age of 35 and she was very excited about the profession.

It's all about the killer instinct and passion for your goal.

Jo 22 mein paas hua vo bhi CA aur jo 32 ki age mein vo bhi CA.  

(D) The minute you settle for less than you deserve, you get even less than you settled for

Keep trying and decide you goal as you are going to achieve in accordance with your target.

A very famous FM teacher has said , " You should have only two targets in CA- Rank or Pass"

Don't reduce your targets or forget your dream just because you failed in your first attempt.

Hope is the dream of the waking man

If you are scared of failure then CA is definitely not for you....

Conclusion -

This was a short but an effective article on How to get Success in CA.

I request you not to comment on it without completely reading it.

Regards

Pulkit Gupta

Replied 10 February 2011

DEALING FRUSTRATION/FAILURE

(A) TWO SIDES OF A COIN – SUCCESS AND

FAILURE 

Well finally we have our CA Final and CPT results out on 21st January. Many of our CCI members changed their profile name on that day for e.g. Manmohan to CA Manmohan but there are always two sides of a coin. If 15 % of our seniors succeeded then it was not a very good day for rest 85 % of them. I remember some of the members posting topics like "I Lost" and "What to do next?” 

Well these are quite obvious reactions from their side and I can understand it as I myself has gone through that phase. We often relate two terms with such a situation - Failure and Frustration. 

The reason of failure differs from person to person. I can't guide you how to study and where did u lack as u r the best judge of yourself. But ya what I can share from my experience is how to prepare yourself again for the fight and cope up with result frustration.    

See failure and frustration are two things related to each other. Failure leads to Frustration. Many nice articles are posted by my friends for e.g. Never Quit by Resham on how to deal with failure. I will give you some suggestions on how to deal with the result frustration as you have very less time to prepare again for your next attempt and thus add to the points posted by some eminent CCI members....

(B) DISCUSS UR RESULT WITH YOURSELF ONLY

People say that in CA we get 6 months to prepare for next attempt but according to me you get 3 effective months only. 2.5 Months result ka wait karte hai aur 15 din result discuss karne mein ki hamare ilawa aur kaun fail hua hai...

Haan 2 Mahine toh hum nahi bacha sakte but these 10-15 days are very important. It is obvious that you will not feel like studying after a negative result but what is required is to analyze ur mistake and not to discuss the result or criticize ICAI.

Yaar ek baar ko maan bhi lun ki result % kam tha toh isse kya faydaa. I mean tum paas toh nahi ho jaoge. See these r just an excuse to convince yourself. Rahi baat discussion ki toh tumhare friend ko nahi pta ki tumne exam mein kya galti ki hai.

Some common discussion after results are:-

“Ek dum bekaar result tha”

"ICAI toh hume paas hi nahi karna chahti”

“Abe maine costing mein 80 ka sahi kara tha par 35 aaye” 

Yaar such discussion is of no use. If you have some pro with the examiner then you can apply for revaluation but till then you s'd make ur mind for next attempt and start preparing for it. So discuss ur result with yourself (i.e. to analyse urmistakes) and not with others.

(C) HOW TO DEAL WITH FRUSTRATION??

(1) Every Success story is also a story of a great failure. The only difference is that they never gave up. So don't get discouraged if it takes a little longer than you expected.

(2) Play Music that inspires you. Music is a great stress buster. Refer my Article Role of Music in CA

(3) Sit quietly in a natural setting and feel the beauty of nature. It will have you to relax your mind. It also teaches you lots of things. Refer my article Nature our true Teacher

(4)Talk to your best friend but not about the result but something else. It helps to build up your energy levels.We do absorb energy from others and friends plays a gr8 role in CA. Refer my article Role of friends in CA

(5) Ask yourself, "What is working in this situation?”. Your thoughts play a major role in ur success. What u gets has lot to do with ur thinking. For details refer my article Things you can learn from The Secret

(6) Stay Positive - Yes you can learn alot from your failure. It will tell you what not to do in your next attempt.  Taking a break and remembering to keep your sense of humor can also help. This time of frustration will pass. A positive mind is far more open to solutions and answers than a negative one that thinks it’s just “hopeless” and thinks “what’s the use?” A closed mind will not be able to see the possible solutions when they do come along. Stay positive.

Conclusion-

As with any problem, the solution is to figure out what your options are, decide on a plan, focus, and then take action. By using the above 6 steps, you should find that you’re running into fewer problems and feeling less frustration. Instead, you may find that you’re running into opportunities and you know exactly how to take advantage of them.

Regards,

Pulkit Gupta

Replied 10 February 2011

Dear all,

Practical questions are definitely the high scoring area.But if you rely only on the practical part you are digging your own grave.It has been a widespread diesease in students as they tend to ignore the theory part (specially in boys..Oh  PLEASEEEEE.....no chauvinism !!!! ..that's a bitter truth..ok..back to the topic).

I always believed that theory part is very important to score in practical papers like Taxation and Cost.So,do not ignore it at any cost or you have to pay.(paper tough aaya to theory hi aapko bachayegi).We can look at this aspect in 2 stages-preparation and writing in the exam.

A.PREPARATIONS-

Books are thick ,we all know that...IN A PROFESSIONAL EXAM YOU CANNOT LEARN 100% by heart...that's the truth and we gotto accept it.The earlier,the better.Keep an eye on the scanner side by side.Here are a few tips-

1.PAINT YOUR BOOK-- yeah..you heard right.ready with your pencil and rubber...get set ..GO!!!.......no...wait...no cartoons and sketches please!!

With each topic in theory subjects like Information technology,Strategic Management ..make it a habit to write the gist of the paragraph on the side with a pencil so that you do not have to get back to the whole paragraph again. It will be very very condusive at time of revision.

There are many topics which are too lengthy and reading the whole content from the beginning is not possible. AND there is no better option than the institute's material in Information tech. and Strategic Management . SO it might sound boring and laborious but it will surely pay off.Trust me it will work wonders.

2.NOTES-I was never a firm believer in making lengthy notes.Notes are definitely needed for a subject like TAXATION. But for other subjects ...well books have the required content in easy language . And if you find some topic confusing or hard to digest from the book then make good and short notes on it. YOU ARE GOING TO BE A PROFESSIONAL.YOU NEED NOT TO MAKE NOTES AS A MATTER OF FORMALITY.TRY OPTION 1 (paint your book ) instead.Views over this point can differ with different people.Use compiler in costing and financial management coz the content in theory is a bit too much so main book is not a very tempting option.

B.HOW TO WRITE????

Well o well, theory writing is an art.Try to think from examiner's point of view.Keep the following 2 points in mind considering the time factor and speed which varies from student to student.BELIEVE ME THIS CAN PROVE TO BE THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A ZINXED 39 and A SPARKLING 40.There can be 2 possibilities-

1. YOU ARE CONFIDENT ABOUT THE ANSWER-

You need to write in such a way that the teacher does not get a scope to deduct marks. Marks in theory depend a lot on the examiner.5 on 5 might not be on cards but 4.5 upon 5 is definitely achievable.Just don't let the offer go begging.Who said that we need to write only 5 points in a 5 marks answer????anyone??no one i guess...So...my friend ..try to be on the safe side...write 1-2 points extra so that the examiner doesn't get scope to deduct 1-2 marks.

2.YOU ARE NOT CONFIDENT ABOUT THE ANSWER( high probability ..hehehe )

Even though you don't know the exact answer , you need to present your answer in such a way that the teacher gives you 20%-30% marks  ..are kuch to milega na..0 se acha 1...As a student of a highly reputed course,we believe that the students know at least something about the topic which will enable you to write something about it...even though not exactly correct but somewhere in proximity.The golden rule always comes in handy here-IF YOU CAN'T CONVINCE THEN CONFUSE THEM.(Do not forget to keep an eye on the clock).

DO NOT SIT IDLE IN THE EXAM HALL EVEN FOR A MINUTE.ITS A CRIME. Write something...something...if not this then that....anything...yeah...come on...apply your brain...kahan padha tha???.yeah you read something about the topic...somewhere??something??little little??.YES!!!! YES!!!..its clicking...here you are,...spot on.....!!!pheewww..!!!

who knows what's in store for the future......If you won't try ,then how can even God help you???GIVE YOUR DESTINY A CHANCE MY FRIEND..

Hope these tips and trick from a naughty mind of mine were of some help.Good luck.My views might look stupid to some people but ....main to aisi hi hoon..shaitaani dimaag hai..maano ya na maano...hehhehe..!!!

Regards,

Sneha...

2 Like

CMA. CS. Sanjay Gupta ("PROUD TO BE AN INDIAN")   (114210 Points)
Replied 10 February 2011

Great Compilation.....

Replied 10 February 2011

Firstly a very good morning to all of you. So today i am gonna take all of you for an another ride " tips to clear practical subject "...this is a area of major concern and some light should be thrown on it....all of us have been facing a big problem in subjects mainly costing,tax,etc...so i think its high time to discuss some tips with all of you.....

Just after writing article on tips to clear audit,many of my friends approached me to write on practical subjects too....so don't try to avoid but go into depth of what i am trying to say to all........so lets start with it.

Tips to clear practical subjects

1..FOCUS

Try to be attentive in the exam hall...don't loose your attention in seeing that what your friend is doing...give your 100 % attention in the exam hall,as those 3 hours will decide your future.

2... ANALISE

This is a very important step...try to analyse the paper within 5 minutes of starting. Firstly see which are the questions you know and which you don't know...and immediately start the question you know..forget about the ones you don't know...that can be sorted out afterwards..

3... THEORITICAL PART

I will disagree with all of you.....everyone thinks that theoretical part can be done just 5 or 6 days before exams....but my friends see just before 1 week,which is full of pressure..how will you able to do it...theory comes about 30 to 35 marks in the exam..how can you take it easily....so my suggestion is to understand the theory part right from the beginning and please please don't try to cram it.......

4... UNDERSTANDING RATHER THAN CRAMING

Many of you just cram the part which you think is not getting inside your mind..but this strategy is really poor and disgusting....try to go into depth of the part.this is not b.com exams that everything will come direct...these are professional exams and they will definitely check your mind in the exam...examiners will try to confuse you with the questions....so if you have done it by heart, you will never ever get confuse....

5... RTP'S AND MODULES

In recent times,you all must have seen that 50 to 60 % of the practical part is coming from modules and rtp's...so dont try to neglect it.....and solve each and every question of them.

6... WORKING NOTES

My friend try to maintain clean notes in between the question..the examiner really gets annoyed by all such activities..your working note should form part of the question,it doesnt means that you will completely make it inside the question....so my suggestion is to always make it on a separate page....

7... WASTAGE

If any of yours question gets spoiled,dont waste time in re-checking and making it correct....leave it for the last period of time....as you will get disappointed and also it will spoil your whole paper.

8... CONCLUSION

Try to work hard from the very beginning and try solving as many question as you can....!!!

Some good books for self reading.........

Padhuka,maheshwari,mk gupta,pravenn sharma,ajay jain books......!!!

I hope you will all like my effort and waiting for replies as usual....

Thanks

Regards - Sanyam Aarora

1 Like

(Guest)

Thank u so much Ravi sir for such a blend of articles at one place......... & yes not the forget the respective author  who posted ....thank u all for ur support...!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: