Help needed with "Adjustments u/s 143(1)(a)" for "Schedule CG"

Hi,

I'm currently NRI.

I had incurred short term and long term CG on shares most of which I had bought while I was not NRI. I submitted my ITR 2 on time. 

Recently I got "Communication of proposed adjustment u/s 143(1)(a) of Income Tax Act, 1961." telling me that "There is inconsistency in the amounts /Totals entered in schedule CG OR Taxpayer is claiming deductions u/s 54 which are more than the amounts allowable as per the respective sections."

Further, there is "Amount in Income Tax Return", "Amount as computed" and  "Variance on account of proposed adjustment". 

I had these queries:

1. Is this purely out of error in entering data in ITR preparation software I used?

2. Rather than write detailed message here and trying to do it on my own, I'm open to utilize services of anyone who can help me prepare the response to this (ofcourse with a fee). So please feel free to reach out to me and we can talk about it. 

Replies (1)
Share your queries in detail
I'd priyanshah143 @ gmail.com

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Article Assistant

SGNG & Associates

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details