Queries on Stock/ETF gifting.

Hi All,

 

I am thinking of gifting stocks/ETFs(Gold/Silver) to my Father so that I can save on LTCG/STCG tax. My father's income is very less which is below the tax exemption limit. I will be selling the gifted stocks/ETFs in future from my father's demat account and transfer the money back to my account.

  1. Can you guys please let me know the DOs and DONTs regarding this.
  2. Anything that I need to be careful of? 
  3. Can there be any issues during ITR filing or with IT department in general?
  4. Do I need to create a gift deed mandatorily? Do I need it for every gift transaction?

Thanks in advance!

Replies (1)

For the bank issue, remove the failed entry, ensure your personal profile details match the bank's records, and re-add/nominate the account. For stock gifting, the transaction is tax-exempt between you and your father as relatives, but you should execute a gift deed for documentation to avoid future complications.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Audit Executive

Thammana & Associates

Srikakulam

B.Com

View Details