Help Need: Faulty e-Filing

While e-filing for assesment year 2008-09; I incorrectly filled for assesment year 2007-08. Though I realized this mistake and didnot submit the signed acknowledge form, and correctly re-filled and submited the correct acknowlege.

Now I have been called for the scrutiny for the incorrect e-filing which I did for year 07-08. If some one could guide me what all support documents should I produce and how serious is this issue.

Replies (3)

You can substantiate your argument that, the asst. year was mistakenly filled which was related to the assessment year, by submitting the copy of the financial statements and computation which are matching with the data filled in the ITR form. Though, it is not a serious matter, but while filling up the  date in the e return you should very cautious. The assessing officer being an human being can understand your clerical mistake, but not the computer.

A simple letter of apology ans stating that this return  not be considered should do. However, If you have not signed the ack form then howcome the It deptt consider it a valid return?

I want to sell my property and want to reinvest in other property , can you tell me is the income tax applicable on it ?

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
Featured ARTICLESHIP 06 October 2026
Semi Qualified

AJAY SINGH AND CO LLP

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
08 October 2026
Accounts and Tax Associate

POOJA R TELI & CO

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
05 October 2026
Senior Accountant

Vision IT Peripherals Pvt Ltd

Mumbai

B.Com

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 October 2026
Articled Assistant

KPSN & Associates LLP

Chennai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 03 October 2026
Accountant

A P Lodha and Associates

Jalna

B.Com

View Details