Easy Office

Gst - how to change registered email and mobile number

Page no : 2

shailesh garg (Article) (41 Points)
Replied 12 August 2017

i want to change email id and mobile no. while filling primary enrolment under gst (provisional registration)

as no option find under gst portal

Avisek Ghosh Roy (6 Points)
Replied 12 August 2017

i am also in the same problem. Emailed gst about the fact and now waiting for their reply for the last 6 days. if anybody comes up with something please let us all know.

ANITHA (SENIOR ACCOUNTANT) (51 Points)
Replied 12 August 2017

yes i have mailedto <cbecmitra.helpdesk @ icegate.gov.in> but they have given reply like this 

Dear Sir/Madam

Your Request ID is 20170811483883 

Thank you for writing to us at CBEC Mitra Helpdesk.

We received your support request, and we understand that you want update your mobile number and email id in GST form.

To resolve this issue, please contact the GSTN helpdesk at helpdesk @ gst.gov.in or call at 0120-4888999.

Thanks and Regards,

If you are not satisfied with the response, please contact us at Escalation Desk "escalation.cbecmitra @ icegate.gov.in" with Request ID.

1 Like

Replied 12 August 2017

So have you tried to contact through helpdesk @ gst.gov.in ??? I have sent the mail to that address but still after 6 days no reply recieved from their end.

ANITHA (SENIOR ACCOUNTANT) (51 Points)
Replied 13 August 2017

i got reply but help desk number not picking call 

Mohammad Hasim Khan (Others) (29 Points)
Replied 13 August 2017

Now you can change your email Id and Mobile number as well as non core information by loging GST common portal Go to the sections after loging Services> Amendment in Registration non core

Mohammad Hasim Khan (Others) (29 Points)
Replied 13 August 2017

Now you can change your email Id and Mobile number as well as non core information by loging GST common portal Go to the sections after loging Services> Amendment in Registration non core

Replied 13 August 2017

AMENDMENT OPTION IS AVAILABLE, BUT THE PERSON OR COMPANY HAVING PERMANENT & ACTIVE REGISTRATION CAN ONLY MODIFY THOSE CHANGES LIKE EMAIL ID, MOBILE NUMBER ETC. PERSONS OR COMPANY WHO HAVE RECIEVED A PROVISIONAL REGISTRATION CERTIFICATE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO DO THAT. YES THEY WOULD ALSO SEE A AMENDMENT OPTION UNDER SERVICES>REGISTRATION BUT THAY CANT CHANGE EMAIL ID OR MOBILE NUMBER. PLEASE VERIFY THE ABOVE AND NOTIFY ME IF I AM WRONG

GANESH PRASAD (MANAGER ACCOUNTS/FINANCE)   (39 Points)
Replied 16 August 2017

same issue also lots of clients

Sandeep Singh (2 Points)
Replied 22 August 2017

My CA without my consent went ahead and obtain a ID and password for GST. However for the GST migration process we did not wish to use his services. He has updated his mobile and email id for the same. I now has access to my GST account and able to login to it. I want to change the Email ID and Mobile. Please help me achieve the same

Attached File : 2100937 20170822233957 gst.jpg downloaded: 389 times

DEEPAK SHARMA (ACCONTANT) (24 Points)
Replied 23 August 2017

First of all, don’t look for options as there is no option available on GSTN website to edit the email and mobile number directly. Further, government may plan to enable that option to edit the profile directly from GSTN portal, however, currently there is no such option available.

#Step No.1 – File form GST REG 14 – Change in particulars

To change the mobile and email of the authorised signatory under GST, you need to fill the form GST REG 14 and file the same on the GSTN portal. The process of amendment is completely online and hence you shall not be harassed by public authorities.

#Step No.2 – Fill the authorised signatory format

To change the authorised signatory, you also need to file a board resolution or a letter authorizing any other person for GST website.

#Step No.3 – Upload the form and verify new email and mobile

Upload the letter of authorised signatory and verify the new email and mobile number via one time passwords.

#Step No.4 – Details updated

If the change is only restricted to change in email and mobile, then the details shall be updated automatically. However, if the authorised signatory is changed, then the details shall be verified by the proper officer,

Other Details about the change in profile on GSTN website

Here are following points which are also important with regard to the form GST REG – 14.

• The application form shall be submitted online and there is no need to visit the department office.
  • For amendment in noncore fields, the approval of proper officer shall not require.
  • Status of the application can be tracked via acknowledgment number.
  • No fees is payable for submitting application for amendment.

DEEPAK SHARMA (ACCONTANT) (24 Points)
Replied 23 August 2017

First of all, don’t look for options as there is no option available on GSTN website to edit the email and mobile number directly. Further, government may plan to enable that option to edit the profile directly from GSTN portal, however, currently there is no such option available.

#Step No.1 – File form GST REG 14 – Change in particulars

To change the mobile and email of the authorised signatory under GST, you need to fill the form GST REG 14 and file the same on the GSTN portal. The process of amendment is completely online and hence you shall not be harassed by public authorities.

#Step No.2 – Fill the authorised signatory format

To change the authorised signatory, you also need to file a board resolution or a letter authorizing any other person for GST website.

#Step No.3 – Upload the form and verify new email and mobile

Upload the letter of authorised signatory and verify the new email and mobile number via one time passwords.

#Step No.4 – Details updated

If the change is only restricted to change in email and mobile, then the details shall be updated automatically. However, if the authorised signatory is changed, then the details shall be verified by the proper officer,

Other Details about the change in profile on GSTN website.

Here are following points which are also important with regard to the form GST REG – 14.

• The application form shall be submitted online and there is no need to visit the department office.
  • For amendment in noncore fields, the approval of proper officer shall not require.
  • Status of the application can be tracked via acknowledgment number.
  • No fees is payable for submitting application for amendment.

Astaf Mansuri (Practicing Chartered Accountant )   (177 Points)
Replied 27 August 2017

I HAVE UPDATED MOBILE NUMBER IN ONE OF MY CLIENT IN NON CORE AMENDMENT APPLICATION, IN PROPRIETOR DETAILED I AM ALLOWED TO UPDATED BUT IN AUTHORITY SIGNATORY DETAILS NOT ABLE TO UPDATE, BUT DURING SUBMISSION AMENDED APPLICATION OTP IS RECEIVED ON THE AMENDED MOBILE NUMBER. AND THEN APPLICATION SUCCESSFULLY VALIDATED WITHOUT ERROR.

BUT AT THE TIME OF FILING RETURN OTP RECEIVED ON OLD MOBILE NUMBER AND NOT ON UPDATED MOBILE NUMBER.

vishal kumar gupta (CA) (23 Points)
Replied 12 September 2017

File form GST REG 14 – Change in particulars

SHREY GUPTA (2 Points)
Replied 27 September 2017

I Have Successfully Changed My Email And Mobile Of Authorised Signatory Contact Me on shrey.gupta1nov @ gmail.com for detailed steps 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: