Easy Office

Govt job for every CA

Page no : 2

(Guest)

totally agreed.it all depends on our expertise and first and foremost hw well one can put across their ideas i.e communication skill.what if a person qualifies ca in first attempt bt has zero grey matter and on the other hand a person who qualifies in 2nd attempt bt has oodles of grey matter then its obvious the second one will b preferred.

(Guest)
Fair enuff.. If sumone thinks dat the c.a course is hard enuff and c.as should not be required to compete with others then they should go for the easier options. The ca course is based on what is essential to know for a c.a and it cant be said that its tough

CA. Abhishek K. Pandey (Manager (Advance)) (901 Points)
Replied 26 March 2012

@ Krunal: See I mean a CA fresher. Just like there is for B.Com. fresher. @ Joy: Obviously starting a firm is an option but that's much like a day-dream considering the investment and period of return. All can't afford that.

CA. Vikash Dwivedi (Financial Planning & Analysis)   (3167 Points)
Replied 26 March 2012

Originally posted by : CA HIMANSHU MALHOTRA

agreee but  

we dont prefer-Govt Hospital,Govt Transport, Govt Airlines,Govt telecom Company etcccccccccccc thennnn   whyyy Govt Jobb ?????????????????????????????????????????

Pople dont like/ prefer because lazy and fussy people are working there ; people will start liking these govt institution when hard working people like CA get opportunity to work... 

Ashish Kukreja (CA Final Student) (587 Points)
Replied 26 March 2012

Hi friends,so which one is better to make career,,i mean learning and salary wise..MNC's ,Govt Co's or PSU's . I actually thought of joining govt co...I m confused,my friends who are working in MNCs says not to join these coz they spoil ur personal life while in govt co.there is no work to do but salaries are much better there...I am CA PCC ,i want to do job after my may attempt of final as i have no work exp anywhere except articleship..Please reply

Chandan Kumar (Strategy Analyst) (384 Points)
Replied 27 March 2012

What is a tough course!!!

Isn't it relative to ur own skills and ability...

@  Bhoomika

Work Life is and will be a struggle in every profession, y should CA be any different...

@ Richa

If CA's demand 'reservation' for govt jobs, y not CS/CMA they r also set up by acts of parliament and m sure thr wud be students who think that these are tough courses...

@ Ashima & GlamDoll

Very well said...

Life is much fun being a student guys...once you step into the next phase no one is going to give u an inch, don't expect any respect or favors for your qualifications untill you earn it... Don't restrict yourself to just CA, back it up wid smth else too...

And just rem 'Life isn't fair at the first place so the best way to go about it is to get along with it'

Krunal Raichura (Financial Advisory) (2134 Points)
Replied 27 March 2012

it is quite unfortunte to see many of you advocate reservation system....

just like you made a case for reservation for CA....everyone around has or can make a case for reservation for their profession, caste or gender....

when someone is denied a job because of gender, caste...one feels sad...or when someone gets a job or a seat in college by virtue of gender, caste...others feel dumped...because inspite of being competent their place is taken by someone else...

i think we should get out of reservation mindset....any kind of reservation is unjustified...

job needs to be purely on competency.....and i dont think a CA will be denied an opportunity because he / she is a CA...infact being a CA is only going to work in favor of candidate...

based on principle of fairness...i think it is absolutely right on the part of recruiters to consider CAs as well as people from other professions so that they can get the best of candidates...

And some reservation is already given to CAs. There are certain documents which can be signed / authorised only and only by Chartered Accountants, and these are very important documents. We should be thankful for this itself.

1 Like

(Guest)

what all i wanna convey is that v r part of one of the prestigious proffession,v shud respect it and as far as one is determined then sky is not the limit guys,i know in today's scenario only CA's degree wont take u any far, u got to hv smthg extra to get an edge over others.and as far as govt job is concerned then i think its best suited for people who want job security and not career growth security,no matter hw long v take to clear ca exams what matters is our integeration of our ability and will to get smthg big in life.and dont worry guys v wll get the share of our cake too.b patient wrk smart as well as hard.sky is not the limit for ambitious people.

and i agree life is not a bed of roses but it all depends on us hw v perceive it to b,what  i beleive is  to get smthg u never had, u got to do smthg  u hv never done.

i think thoda zyada ho gaya..........................devil

1 Like

Gireesh M (Article Assisstant) (24 Points)
Replied 27 March 2012

I agree  Joy .As far as a qualified CA, he has to utlise his kowledge for society whether it is in govt sector or private sector.The differece betwen govt and private only in the case that in govt employee getting salary for sitting idle and employees in private sector is getting for hardwork.So a CA  has to ensure whether he is getting salary for hardwork  or sitting idle.

VENGETRAO K (Practicing Company Secretary)   (41 Points)
Replied 27 March 2012

Do you want to join with them for mere money.

Ashish Kukreja (CA Final Student) (587 Points)
Replied 27 March 2012

I think its the money in the end that matters...We all r studying 4 what ...to make big bucks..Even if u join a company that provides u gud exposure,paying u less,making u work so hard that ,u will feel unsatisfied and ruin ur health..As per my opinion money is equally important as learning n growth..:)

M. N. JHA (CA) (8316 Points)
Replied 28 March 2012

Ji Haan Bana Banaya Khana kisko Achha nahi lagata hai.............

RICHA (chartered accountant) (39 Points)
Replied 28 March 2012

friends

badi badi baten na to bada job deti hai na hi time aur na hi money.

Pankaj (VP) (21 Points)
Replied 28 March 2012

I think there is no merit in choosing a job with respect to Job security.

As a true professional one should look at putting in use the knowledge earned & enhancing the skills one wants to identify & enrich. There is no such ideal job which will answer all the questions. If an individual has risen as a Chartered Accountant, he should not fear of job security & working hard. All these are just attributes but the real kick is based out of satisfaction which you get. I agree some like only money, some want a balanced work life, some want job security but I would request all the budding CAs to look back as to why you did CA.

I have my own example, I started off with an opportunity through CA Campus recruitment into a PSU Oil Mfg Co. I was not satisfied with my full working life, growth prospects, attitude of people around me in terms of working & learning skills. I moved onto Banking starting off with an MNC bank. Fortunate enough I got a lot of satisfaction after hours of working, enhancing my knowledge levels, developing my key skills. Off course I had to sacrifice on my work life balance. From there I moved onto another MNC Bank where I enjoy work life balance as well. At the same time, I have some of my friends who used to study with me, are practicing now (either on their own or joined their parents / relatives practice). They work all Saturdays even Sundays, have no time for any social functions, but are much much more satisfied than me! They see real charm in the professional activity they do.

So to conclude, all these attributes are subjective, you may get these at some point in time, you may not. It is better to be happy than to be worried. Life moves on & so should your knowledge base. It is important that you hone your skills rather than compare.

All the best !

CA Ravindra Singh Parihar (Chartered Accountants) (24 Points)
Replied 29 March 2012

I am agree with you

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: