Financial reporting - status check on study plan

satish (Service) (901 Points)

13 June 2012  

Dear Final Students,

How are you all doing this week ? I had recommended a Financial reporting study plan during last month posting...If you have not seen please do have a look and those of you who have been preparing do recap the guided plan.

Its important to revisit the concepts now ( Valuation - Amalgamation (Purchase cosnideration)) Understandign types of problems till Chain holding..etc

Accounting Standards : There is a myth in students community about AS being tough. If you read it from the Original text and use additonal textbook for interprtation & understand scenarios you woudl start loving it. Every one shoudl start liking their subject to excel than memorizing it.

My recommendation for choosing AS is as follows

Revise AS 2,4,6,10 (Target to complete 18t june)

Start in Depth for AS 13,20,16,26 ( Have a target to read the standard, Understand the applicability & Refer to apst questions on type beiing tested- ) . Target to complete 23rd June.

Amalgamation - Purchase consideration

Practice the settlement,Calcualtion of no of shares to be settled, Exchange ratio & Goodwill treatment etc before worrying about the Journal entries and Schedule VI presentation. The fundamentals must be strong in terms of valuation techniques, Patience to READ THE PROBLEM for any intriacies of the adjustments.

Capture notes for every problem you solve as to what UNIQUE ADJUSTMENT you learnt and what you already know.

Time to start thinking about Consolidated Financial Statements - and start doing basic problems ..Watch out for next posting on CFS discussions to start.

Please do write to me back at tejas @ tejas.co.in.. I am based in bangalore - HSR Layout - Offerr classes on small batches for Final students. INtersted students can reach out for Aug-October batch for Fin reporting & Fin management.

Students outside bangalore and in bangalore can feel free to write to me for specific doubts in email and i will be happy to support you in shortest possible time :)

Till then HAPPY LEARNING

Regards,

Satish.

Tejas Learning Centre

"'Where knowledge is shared"