Filled the wrong AY and minor head in challan form

Hi,

I paid my tax through online netbanking. However I have filled the wrong assessment year and wrong minor head in the challan form. My CA has already filed advance tax form for me in the tax department.

I did some research and found that these could be changed by contacting my AO.

I would be grateful if anybody could answer these for me:

1.Do I get to change the wrong details even after the forms have been submitted at tax department?
2.How do I do so.
3.How much time do I have got before I can apply for the changes.
4. How do I contact my assessing officer(preferable online)

Thanks in advance for your time,

Tamas

Replies (5)

for these changes you can write ao about all changes

I would also like to add the following details:

I wanted to pay advance taxes in this month but I filled the wrong assessment year 2011-12  and ,

I filled the wrong minor head(self assessment instead of advance tax head)

Do I have to physically visit their office or can I do it online or by sending through post,etc?

i think you will have to visit physically

but wait for more replies

Go to department and talk with ur ward ito and follow them..... Generally writtem me application dene ko bolte he.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
Featured 03 October 2026
Accountant

A P Lodha and Associates

Jalna

B.Com

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accounts Executive

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

MBA

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
07 October 2026
Senior Account Manager

Amplio Invest

Mumbai

M.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
06 October 2026
Assistant Manager - Audit and Compliance

Ravi K Jain & Co

Noida

Others

View Details