Family Pension Income Tax on principal withdrawal

Dear Friends,

I have a pension query, please guide.

If I withdraw full amount from Family Pension account of HDFC, amount is 7 lacs, and invest this whole amount in Bank FD’s.

Will that amount 7 lacs be taxable??  Senior citizen.

 

Note:

This I want to do because I have to make regular trips to bank for KYC as they want to check that person is alive. At regular intervals they stop pension again.

I would be free from such harassment / hindrances if I invest in FD’s.

Replies (3)
Quick Summary
A senior citizen is seeking advice on whether withdrawing the full amount from their HDFC family pension account, which is £700,000, and reinvesting it in bank Fixed Deposits (FDs) would be subject to tax. They are considering this to avoid the hassle of regular KYC checks and pension interruptions. The advice given is to check the policy document for premature withdrawal taxability or contact the pension provider's helpline for a definitive answer.

Check the policy document for its taxibility over premature withdrawal.  or contact their helpline to get clear pictire.

Thank you Sir, I will check the policy documents.

My Pleasure.               

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 08 October 2026
ARTICLE TRAINEE

S.B.G. & CO. CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
05 October 2026
Senior Accountant

Vision IT Peripherals Pvt Ltd

Mumbai

B.Com

View Details
Company
06 October 2026
Assistant Manager - Audit and Compliance

Ravi K Jain & Co

Noida

Others

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details