ICICI

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Exemption in 2 subjects

Ankush sharma (Auditor Article Assistant)   (816 Points)

15 August 2013  

I HAVE GOT EXEMPTION IN TWO SUBJECTS ACCOUNTS AND TAX IN GROUP I OF IPCC

BUT SOME MY FRIENDS SAYING THAT ONLY 1 SUBJECT PER GROUP WILL BE EXEMPTED.

IS THAT TRUE.......?????

I VISITED ICAI AND ASKED AT THE FIRST FLOOR RECEPTION CLERKS THEY ARE SAYING THEY DONT KNOW OR SAYING YES ONLY 1 SUBJECT  WILL BE EXEMPTED PER GROUP THEY ARE SAYING "WE ARE NOT SURE CALL ICAI NODIA STUDENT HELPDESK"

I ASKED THE STUDENT COUNCELLOR AT THE GROUND ICAI BUILDING FLOOR SHE SAID  THAT  "BOTH SUBJECTS ARE EXEMPTED" SHE WAS DAMM SURE

EVEN I CALLED THE STUDENT HELP LINE NO 0120-3894819 THEY ALSO CONFIRMED THAT BOTH SUBJECTS ARE EXEMPTED..

I AM IN LITTLE CONFUSED NOW 

I THINK BOTH OF THEM ARE EXEMPTED BUT I NEED YOUR SUGGESTIONS ON THAT

CAN ANY ONE PLEASE TELL ME THE APPORPRIATE ANSWER I GUESS BOTH ARE EXEMPTED

23 Replies

NAGASAI.K (Article Assistant) (193 Points)
Replied 15 August 2013

If you got exemption in first attempt, you can claim exemption up to two subjects

1 Like

Ishan kewlani (Article) (172 Points)
Replied 15 August 2013

If u have got exemption is single attempt in both subj, u can avail both. Rule of icai, suppose u have 4 subj in a group if u get exemption in 3 subj in once & failed in 1 subj can avail all the 3 exemptions. But if in 1st attempt u got exemption for 1 subj, & could not clear d group & in next attempt for other subj, & even this time couldn't clear d group so u have to surrender any 1 of the exemption as per ur choice for 3rd attempt.

1 Like

Replied 15 August 2013

Originally posted by : NAGASAI.K

If you got exemption in first attempt, you can claim exemption up to two subjects

i have found what i was looking for  here i think you are wrong in one point  "first attempt"

here is the clarification by icai notification on claiming exemption i have read that and there is no such thing "first attempt"

please go through this and we will find the right answer

please do correct me if i am wrong

thanks

https://www.charteredclub.com/procedure-for-availing-exemption-in-ca-ipcc-ca-final-exams/

Replied 15 August 2013

Originally posted by : Ishan kewlani

If u have got exemption is single attempt in both subj, u can avail both. Rule of icai, suppose u have 4 subj in a group if u get exemption in 3 subj in once & failed in 1 subj can avail all the 3 exemptions. But if in 1st attempt u got exemption for 1 subj, & could not clear d group & in next attempt for other subj, & even this time couldn't clear d group so u have to surrender any 1 of the exemption as per ur choice for 3rd attempt.

thanks ishan...

yes i have exempted both the papers in single sitting ,,,,,,,,,,not like got exemption in earlier attempt and got  exemption in this attempt as well ,,,not my case

ur precis knowledge is correct as i have read the other blogs

CA.Sidhartha S Pillai (Chartered Accountant) (526 Points)
Replied 15 August 2013

IF U GET 60 PERCENT AND ABOVE MARKS IN ALL 6 PAPERS BUT ONE AT A TIME ALSO, YOU CAN CLAIM ALL 6 PAPERS AS EXEMPTION AND NEED TO WRITE ONLY THE ONE PAPER WHERE YOU FAILED. THERE IS NO RESTRICTION AS TO ATTEMPT. ONLY THAT YOU SHOULD GET ALL EXEMPTIONS AT A TIME TO CLAIM THE SAME

1 Like

chandan kumar (CA FINAL) (227 Points)
Replied 15 August 2013

Definately in your case both paper will be exempt. What you are listening the concept of one paper exemption I will tell you. Suppose, you get exemption in accounts paper in the exam (irrespective of the no. Of attempts). Account will be exempt and you will appear in the exam for remaining paper excluding accounts. Suppose in next attempt your tax is exempt. Now you can not avail the both exemptions. Either of one should be surrendered at your option. But when you get exemption in 2 paper or even 3 paper in one exam then that exemption is available for 2 or 3 paper as the case may be.
3 Like

manoj (student) (5193 Points)
Replied 15 August 2013

IN FINAL MY FRIEND GOT EXEMPTED IN 3 SUBJECT NOW HE WILL GIVE ONLY 1

NOW I THINK IT IS VERY CLEAR FOR U

1 Like

CA Tushar Gupta (CA) (96 Points)
Replied 15 August 2013

Both paper will exempt
1 Like

Gurpreet singh (Student) (138 Points)
Replied 16 August 2013

Both exempted.......,
1 Like

CA Bhavin Venugopal (CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT) (681 Points)
Replied 16 August 2013

Yaa Bhai Both Papers R exempted 4 the next 3 attempts smiley

1 Like

Kanika Jain (Fresher) (180 Points)
Replied 16 August 2013

Your both papers are exempted only if u didnt claimed already any exemption in the respective IPCC group earlier or in the attempt u got exemption in 2 subjects .

All the best 

Ganeshbabu K (Audit and Tax Advisory) (48504 Points)
Replied 16 August 2013

you can claim exemption in subject where you scored 60 or more provided you appeared in all exams in that group

so if you scored more than 60 in two subjects you can avail the same for two immediate attempts

1 Like

vikas agarwal (Student CA Final ) (25 Points)
Replied 16 August 2013

Yes, you are eligible for exemption in both the papers.

Replied 16 August 2013

Originally posted by : Kanika Jain

Your both papers are exempted only if u didnt claimed already any exemption in the respective IPCC group earlier or in the attempt u got exemption in 2 subjects .

All the best 

yes i didnt claim any exemption in ipcc earlier not previously too

thanks

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags