LCI Learning

Exam preparation quiz

Page no : 3

(Guest)

keya phayda is ka

kapil ((@ FINAL) (119 Points)
Replied 16 September 2009

1. I find it hard to get down to study.
  2. I keep well-organised notes for my subjects.
  3. I summarise suggested readings and include these as part of my notes on a topic.
  4. I put off homework and revision until the last minute.
  5. I worry about my studies.
  6. I find it difficult to concentrate on my work.
  7. I understand my notes when revising.
  8. When I'm finished studying I close my books and think about something else.
  9. I learn some things by heart, going over and over them until I have them memorised.

CA Inderdeep Singh (CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT) (103 Points)

1. I find it hard to get down to study.smoetimes
  2. I keep well-organised notes for my subjects.usually
  3. I summarise suggested readings and include these as part of my notes on a topic.usually
  4. I put off homework and revision until the last minute.usually
  5. I worry about my studies.sometimes
  6. I find it difficult to concentrate on my work.sometimes
  7. I understand my notes when revising.usually
  8. When I'm finished studying I close my books and think about something else.usually
  9. I learn some things by heart, going over and over them until I have them memorised.usually

A.Aishwarya (Student) (57 Points)

3. I summarise suggested readings and include these as part of my notes on a topic.
  9. I learn some things by heart, going over and over them until I have them memorised.

CA CS CIMA Prakash Somani (Landmark Group) (23502 Points)

Sushil

I keep well-organised notes for my subjects. SOMETIMES: If you can organise yourself to review notes within twenty-four hours of writing them, you'll be able to recall them better. In the week after you take notes, your recall begins to decline, but if you have already revised them you can usually improve your recall pretty quickly. Ideally, you would schedule your revision sessions after one day has elapsed, then after a week, after a month, and then when you are studying for exams. If you do this, each session helps bring it all back, decreasing the amount you have to try to remember just before exams.

I put off homework and revision until the last minute.

SOMETIMES: It obviously depends on your timetable whether you do assignments immediately as they are handed out, or whether you need to put them off until you've completed three assignments that are due for other subjects. Some revision for some students is best done - not at the very last minute - but certainly only a short time before the exam. You need to find out which system suits you best.

Harsh*t Aggarwal

I find it hard to get down to study. If you USUALLY find it difficult to get down to study it might be worth thinking about the course that you are doing and whether it is, in fact, the most appropriate for you. Ideally you will have a desk where you will do your writing and perhaps you'll have a comfortable chair near the desk where you can do the less-intensive reading. One way of settling down to study is by not immediately going into your hardest and most demanding work. You can organise your notes (perhaps prioritising the folders or books you are going to be looking at) or tidy your desk so that you have a clear space to work on. But be careful that these tasks don't extend too long; sometimes it's too easy to put off studying by finding small chores to do.

I keep well-organised notes for my subjects.

Answered already.

1 Like

Select from drop down in my first forum massage and copy paste :)

Originally posted by :Deepika
" the things in the box are not selecting.what to do?  

"

This is an excellent job done by you as you are going into right direction and i dont think you need any more guidance. All the Best !!

Originally posted by :Amit Jalan
"  

Which applies to you? Read each statement and make a selection from the drop-down box.

I find it hard to get down to study. Sometimes

I summarise suggested readings and include these as part of my notes on a topic.  usually

I put off homework and revision until the last minute. usually

I worry about my studies Sometimes 

I find it difficult to concentrate on my work Sometimes

I understand my notes when revising. usually

When I'm finished studying I close my books and think about something else Sometimes 

I learn some things by heart, going over and over them until I have them memorised. Sometimes

Ya i have Done it koi toh mera Tareef karo??

"

AnuraG GarG

When I'm finished studying I close my books and think about something else. GIRLFRIEND 

Ohhh. thats not bad. but dont make it a habit else it wont be in good interest for you and your career. It is ok to remember someone you loved but when it comes to studies never ever lose your concentrationa dn grip.

Haritha
I find it hard to get down to study.

Answered.

I summarise suggested readings and include these as part of my notes on a topic

SOMETIMES: Sometimes lectures and tutorials will contain all you need to know to pass a particular subject. However, if you see yourself as a genuine learner - as somebody who is studying to learn something, not just to get a piece of paper at the end - the more understanding you have of a topic or subject, the better for you.

kapil
I keep well-organised notes for my subjects. SOMETIMES: If you can organise yourself to review notes within twenty-four hours of writing them, you'll be able to recall them better. In the week after you take notes, your recall begins to decline, but if you have already revised them you can usually improve your recall pretty quickly. Ideally, you would schedule your revision sessions after one day has elapsed, then after a week, after a month, and then when you are studying for exams. If you do this, each session helps bring it all back, decreasing the amount you have to try to remember just before exams.

USUALLY: Even time spent waiting at a bus stop or on the train can be used to study throughout the Exam. As you are finishing off your final assignments, get your notes sorted and organised. Finish any photocopying, borrow any last books from the library, and draw up a study timetable. Realistic time management is the key to successful exam preparation, so you are well advised to make as detailed a plan as possible. You will need to adjust it as you go. It's better to underestimate the time you have at your disposal. It's probably a good idea to begin with your first scheduled exam so you can get the subject under your belt and experience the resulting confidence. Ensure that your family is aware of the extra pressure you will be under for the next couple of weeks. The pattern of the days can be varied by including some time for sport, household chores, shopping, or getting together over coffee with some classmates. Allow time for short breaks to walk the dog or chat to a friend, and don't forget to have lunch and dinner. Be realistic about your needs when drawing up a timetable. The subject you find most difficult will probably need most time. The shorter exam will probably require less preparation. If two of your subjects tend to interfere with each other and confuse you, space them well apart. If the reverse happens and you find the two subjects connecting up take advantage of it. Keep evaluating how you are keeping to the timetable. Don't forget you are the boss of the study timetable not the other way around. It is supposed to work for you, so change it if you want to.

A.Aishwarya

I find it difficult to concentrate on my work.

SOMETIMES: If concentration problems only happen sometimes, this is perfectly natural. Make sure you are taking short breaks. If talking and pooling knowledge comes easily to you, maybe you are better off studying part of the time in a group.

I learn some things by heart, going over and over them until I have them memorised.

SOMETIMES: Sometimes rote learning is appropriate. Examinations for some subjects can involve knowing exact wordings, formulas or code which are essential for knowing how to solve problems. In some cases, you may find it easier to learn something by heart before attempting to understand the implications or how it can be applied. You may, for example, find it efficient to rote-learn names, dates, and definitions concerning certain theories before exploring the issues surrounding them.

SHYAM MANDHANI (CA FINAL) (115 Points)

Originally posted by :CA CS* Prakash Somani (A helping Hand)
" Please fill in the details and copy your selection here. I will reply your weekness and strongness in study and guide you accordingly. "

Pammi Srivastav (Assistant Finance Officer )   (84 Points)

Which applies to you? Read each statement and make a selection from the drop-down box.

SHYAM MANDHANI

I find it hard to get down to study.

Answered.

I keep well-organised notes for my subjects.

Answered.

Answered

I worry about my studies.

Don't be frightened of exams. The excessive stress created by too much fear can jeopardise your chances more than anything else. Familiarise yourself with the examination process by remembering the features of exams you have sat in the past: the importance of arriving for the reading time, the size of the room, the sight of many students poised to write, finding your seat, shutting out the noise of shuffling feet, etc.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: