Page no : 3

Mohit (-) (52 Points)
Replied 03 September 2011

Tejas 

Which firm would you recommend?

karan (ca final) (55 Points)

haha...ey man,,,,,,deloite for audit only

Pralay Chakraborty (Service) (482 Points)

Originally posted by : Tejas

Hey Karan... 

Sorry about your fate man. I was not saying your credentials are not good. Just that in Mumbai, Deloitte and EY both have a walk-in policy for Statutory Audit interviews for Asst Manager position. Even in ICAI Campus, both EY and Deloitte wanted to hire almost 100 people each for that division. My audit team was always of just 3-4 people max which was a huge shortage always.

Also I just got somethin cleared here. I was talking about getting a JOB. Not articleship. Articleship yeah you may need reference. I was under the impression Mohit was talking about a job not articleship.

Also now that you mentioned it, just clearing out a few things for you. See... I AM NOT BEING RUDE OR INSOLENT HERE BUT JUST WANT TO BRING OUT FACTS. PLEASE TAKE IT IN THE RIGHT SENSE.

ICWA has lost importance today because CAs do most of the work of CWAs. It hardly has any value in the recruitment market. You may think about investing your time and efforts in something more valuable.

Once you do CA, even 90% in BCom is irrelevant. Also Honours doesnt mean anything in todays context if you are doing a professional degree.

I think this will wake u up man....... A ca is nothing infront of A potential CMA(Cost Accountant), if ca is not having any potentiality.... ultimately what ability u r having that counts.... Not the degree... A potential CMA Should get a minimum of 8-10 lakhs P.A  package as a freshers... and it will go up...

just check it out these facts.....

COST & MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTANTS(CMAs) ROCK!!!!!!!!

A Few CFOs who r living dere life on high............. more than others(ca’s)!!!

·         Director Finance of BHEL is a CMA (giant Enggineering company)

·         Chairman and Director Finance of ONGC are CMA (the largest Oil Co).

·         The MD of the largest bank in the Pvt.Sect is a CMA (ICICI).

·         The Chairman of GIC (the largest General Insurance player) is a CMA.

·         The Chairman of the largest Pharma Co. (Pfizer) is a CMA.

·         The Chairman of the largest FMCG Co. Hindustan Unilever(HUL) is a CMA.

and the list goes on.....

Now imagine what a CMA can do!!!!

CMAs.......Rule the Corporates.......

I know its a out of track post as per as original topic is cocen. but sometimes we need to wake somebody up.

So think twice before posting anything........

Thanks,

CMA. Pralay Chakraborty

(Cost & Management Accountant)

karan (ca final) (55 Points)

i dont understand why there's a comparison between cost accountant and ca.

A.Barli (Article) (216 Points)

Appreciate each other's area of expertise..

i am trying to appreciate CMA profession

mukul mehra (B.com MBA-HR ADLL CS-Final LLb TCP)   (591 Points)

yes karan is right please provide your opinion in a proper way dont start cursing right away the courses every course has equal importance in their respective fields and friends do help our friend to decide which firm to join instead we all started cursing each other courses and atlast we demoralise others also who are not pursuing CA by saying kid course or whatever the launguage might be my dear professional buddies as professional we should respect our course and understand the essence of it, govt of india made these three courses not because the one will prevail over each other they are incomparable because after completion of each course a professional have different fields to opt for like CA goes for auditing,accounting,tax compliances etc and CS goes for secreterial audit, other revelant law compliances, compay law officer, labour laws,FEMA etc. whereas a cost accountant is also a person who performs cost audit, costing, special cost audit, accounting, cost consulting etc. so fields are different and choices are different so it is incomparable choose your field and go ahead success will surely reach your doorstep so stop cursing and start exploring

you can be jack of all but master of none so instead become a master of one and rule the world

2 Like

mukul mehra (B.com MBA-HR ADLL CS-Final LLb TCP)   (591 Points)

my dear mohit i dont know about E&Y but my friend worked three months for deloitte as a statutory auditor manager i dont know the exact post but he was on job there not on articleship he said the work culture was good they get to travel different places to audit and also get to have lot of fun in deloitte rest others will tell you who has god info about both the audit firms

1 Like

Originally posted by : mukul mehra

yes karan is right please provide your opinion in a proper way dont start cursing right away the courses every course has equal importance in their respective fields and friends do help our friend to decide which firm to join instead we all started cursing each other courses and atlast we demoralise others also who are not pursuing CA by saying kid course or whatever the launguage might be my dear professional buddies as professional we should respect our course and understand the essence of it, govt of india made these three courses not because the one will prevail over each other they are incomparable because after completion of each course a professional have different fields to opt for like CA goes for auditing,accounting,tax compliances etc and CS goes for secreterial audit, other revelant law compliances, compay law officer, labour laws,FEMA etc. whereas a cost accountant is also a person who performs cost audit, costing, special cost audit, accounting, cost consulting etc. so fields are different and choices are different so it is incomparable choose your field and go ahead success will surely reach your doorstep so stop cursing and start exploring

you can be jack of all but master of none so instead become a master of one and rule the world

Total agree... 

Deepak (Assistant Manager) (110 Points)

Hi Mohit

As you are pursuing CA so go for Deloitte.  U will have better work life balance compare with EY. Dont join EY if you have appointment letter with Deloitte.

Ur focus should be on CA. All the best. Once u complete articles u can also move to EY post CA if u want it.

1 Like

CA Ganpat Naik (Job) (680 Points)

Go for Deloitte

I got calls from both....

but not selected in 2nd round......

Tejas (M.Com CA CS CFA (US) Prog. Grad..)   (354 Points)

To repeat myself, "ICWA has lost importance "today" because CAs do most of the work of CWAs."

Senior executives who did CWA lots of years back have grown through experience and as shown above, many top companies have Chairmen as CMAs.

Today most of the syllabus of CMA is covered in CA.

Guys please relax. I have no intention of putting down any profession or degree. I was merely expressing facts and industry trends. 30 years back even MCom had lots of importance. You will find companies where even MCom people are now MDs. But with time, things change. ICAI incorporated quite a lot of the ICWA syllabus into the CA syllabus and thats why as of today, the CWA degree has reduced in importance because the CWA Institute did not grow and progress with time.

Just as an example as Mukul mentioned cost audits, one of the major items was when Sec 14A and 14AA audits were allowed to CAs which were earlier only allowed to CWAs. This move was opposed tooth and nail by ICWA but in vain.

In the end as Pralay said, it is the ability that counts. IM NOT SAYING THAT A CA IS BETTER THAN A CWA. ALL I AM SAYING IS THAT THE CA COURSE COVERS MOST OF EVERYTHING THAT CWA COURSE HAS. AND THAT IS WHY IN THE INDUSTRY THE COURSE IS NOT VALUED TODAY. PERSON MAY BE VALUED BASED ON HIS ABILITY.

again a big sorry if I hurt anyone.

Also, I recommend Deloitte due to the reason mentioned of work life balance and personal considerations.

SANYAM ARORA (“It's hard to beat a person who never gives up.”)   (20168 Points)

Bro i am working with E&Y. According to me you should join E&y.

You r right Tejas. ca institute has covered many papers of ICWA course.. but the fact is that ICWAI also covered most of the syllabus of icai.. right now, two of these courses covering almost same subject. this process will go on by benchmarking of other institute's syllabus. and its required for all of us.  So if u compare the knowledge of a  CMA & ca then it will be the foolest step to compare. But Yes Some fields are there which a CMA knows much better than a ca,(excise, Service tax etc) as far as syllabus is concern. same appilicable for ca also(like financial audit etc.).

So CMAs Also can rule if they Want.

And Audit U/S 14A and 14AA  has ammended not bcz of the Syllabus its the bad door,unprofessional politics of icai which results this ammendment (As the loby/number of member of icai is more than ICWAI) 

If we need to compare the oppertunity of CMA & ca then icai should have some guts to play a fair game...

Akshaychandwani (43 Points)

Dear friend,

As per me E&Y is better. You should be ready to work for long hours and you will get fruits later on.

Cheers

Akshay

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: