E-tds return filing

Hello everyone,

I am filing e-TDS returns for the first time. Now the company I am working for hasn't filed the TDS returns for a while now. 

So, I need to file the returns from FY 2004-05. 

I have learnt how to generate and validate the RPU file through the internet but I am little confused as to which files to download from the TIN website. There are two thing i need to download right: 1. RPU and FVU.. There are so many versions on the net but the TIN wesite now shows 4.0 version for RPU and 3.6 for FVU. Can i file the returns for previous years with this version only or do I need to download separate versions..

What do i do first?  

Does someone has a step by step procedure about how to go about filing the TDS return. 

Please reply with elaborated and clear answers. 

Thanks for you time. 

Replies (8)
Originally posted by : Deepthi Srivastava

Only Need to Install RPU, not need to install FUV version.This is inbuilt in New RPU . although u have to install JAVA.

Only One RPU which is Latest Verision u should install .this is applicable from 2005-06 onWards
Hello everyone,

I am filing e-TDS returns for the first time. Now the company I am working for hasn't filed the TDS returns for a while now. 

So, I need to file the returns from FY 2004-05. 

I have learnt how to generate and validate the RPU file through the internet but I am little confused as to which files to download from the TIN website. There are two thing i need to download right: 1. RPU and FVU.. There are so many versions on the net but the TIN wesite now shows 4.0 version for RPU and 3.6 for FVU. Can i file the returns for previous years with this version only or do I need to download separate versions..

What do i do first?  

Does someone has a step by step procedure about how to go about filing the TDS return. 

Please reply with elaborated and clear answers. 

Thanks for you time. 


Dear One,

 

Please Follow The Link:-

 

/forum/how-to-file-tds-return-221528.asp#.UJJFL7HMidM

 

/forum/all-about-tds-tcs-return-167628.asp#.UJJFMLHMidM

Hey Nitesh, 

Can you please confirm if you are talking baout RPU 3.6 version?

and which Java do i need to install... Does the requirement to install pops up on its own or shall i go to java website and download it separately? 

 

Hey Ayush,

Thanks for the link. I have learnt this process on youtube. Shall keep the link on record. 

Thanks for info. plus i wanted to know dont we have to upload the file online also.. or we only ahve to send the CD, form 27A and the print out of file only to TIN Faciliation centres?

WE Have to Sent File Along With CD 

latest RPU version is 3.1.

3.6 is FUV Version which is inbuilt  under RPU 3.1.

U can download Latest java version from any free site.

also u can download link of JAVA from Tin-nsdl.com

& plz keep in mind that NSDL RUP doesn't make 27A.

we have to prepare it own is own from the help of Statics Report whic is genrated by RPU.

u can download excel formate of  27A from google

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 04 September 2026
Accounts Executive

Hema Yashwanth & Associates

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
04 September 2026
CA inter Or ca finalist

A Jaiswal and company

Lucknow

CA Final

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accounts Executive

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

MBA

View Details