Easy Office
LCI Learning

Do you agree with the stipend limit of ICAI ?

Page no : 3

KAPIL MALPANI (student) (124 Points)
Replied 08 September 2009

dear manmohan, please look into the situation of ICWAI students, in whatever terms u wan't to compare withICAI u can compare but u will have to dig really deep against ur own will to find any similarity in major terms such as marketability, scope, standard, choice of doing job or practice. i mean ICAI has beautifully ensembled itself into a high profile institution where the whole purpose revolves around STUDENTS. u can see for example GMCS classes, DOORDARSHAN LECTURES, 3 months residential programmes & lots of QUIZZES & SEMINARS, CONVENTIONS all for students. now do u feel, the hike in fees is a substantial deterrent for the students. can u imagine why ICAI keeps on initiating the need to change the course everytime? it feels that STUDENTS should be geared for latest knowledge. Do you see such changes in ICWAI or CS till recently when they also brought some substantial changes keeping in view the future of students. coming to the burning issue of STIPEND that has been igniting the minds of thousands of students, i strongly feel that ICAI is right in keeping it down to minimum levels so as to ensure that our pockets don't superseed our knowlegeable minds! and guys ek baat socho yaar abhi kami rahegi tabhi toh hume JUNOON aayega jyada kamane ka!! SOCHO!!!

Manmohan ACA, CS (Chartered Accountant ) (14243 Points)
Replied 08 September 2009

Completely agree with you,I have also been in in articleship from last 2.5 years and learn a lot of thing and still learning .

But do you know what does the reason of paying stipend , it is to cover the conveyance exepenses, and other incidental expenses and also the opportunities cost , which a article is incurring by taking training in age of 21-22 . 

I am not saying that increase stipend by to Rs. 4000 and 5000, but think all student are not rich and stipend help them in financing their study, now even CPT fees has gone to Rs. 6000(which is a entry course exam). So at one side ICAI is incresing fess (by saying  that ICAI is a great  professional course and see the fees of other course) and  on the other side of coin  saying that you are getting training which is precious .

I do not need increase in stipend-

I need

• rationalisation of stipend payment scheme,  
  • rationalsation of Transfer Rule and
  • Rational increse in registration fees, not a long jump 

In short we  NEED  RATIONAL RULES FOR CA STUDENTS

raj (Article student) (34 Points)
Replied 09 September 2009

WHOEVER IS SENDING MESSAGES THAT ITS OUR LEARNING PERIOD AND THIS AND THAT BLA BLA NONSENSE.......EITHER THEY ARE FROM BIG FAMILY OR  THEIR CHARTERED ARE PAYING NORMALLY.......................NOW PE-2 STUDENTS ARE GIVEN MORE PREFERENCE THEN A PCC CLEARED STUDENT......................TOTALLY SHIT IS ALL THIS RULES OF STIPEND.....................................................................WHAT HAPPENS IN 2000RS......................THE ONE WHO ALL ARE WRITING THAT ITS ENOUGH WILL FEEL IT WHN IN THEIR FAMILY EVERONE IS DEPENDENT ON HIM OR HER..........................................................................................................................................WE WORK FOR CA FOR MORE THEN 3YEARS BUT IF U ASK A LOAN OF 8000 FOR REGISTRATION HE DOESNT GIVES I DONT KNOW WHY WHATS THEIR MENTALITY......................................THEY HAVE FORGET THAT WE ARE ALSO HUMAN BEIGNS......EVERYDAY WE KILL OUR DEMANDS .OUR BASIC NEEDS ............EVERYDAY EVERYDAY..........

KAPIL MALPANI (student) (124 Points)
Replied 09 September 2009

Dear m not against ur worthy wishes! As far as loan is concerned from now u can obtain loan from bank with 0% interest for all ur expenses. from today it has been implemented! so please dnt worry!

Nikunj (Student) (58 Points)
Replied 11 September 2009

@ manmohan..............very well said.....i totally agree wid u

Priyadharshini (articled assistant) (64 Points)

Helo Mr.Raj......

If earning is ur main motto then i don thnk u can opt 4 this professional course.....

I thnk U have many courses 4 ur needs......

and also just tel me one course in which u can earn while u r studying???????

Jus becoz they r givin u stipend u cant expct more 4m them....

if they stop givin u stipend then ul thnk what they give u knw is more than enough....

itz nt ur fault... itz jus a normal human tendency....

When ur family is dependent on u... then y u took this course..... i thnk u knw all the rules b4 u join CA rgt... then y u optd 4 it??????????

Ul also bcom a CA one day.. Let me c ur thoughts at that time.... hw much wil u give ur article students huh????

And that too at this point of time we people no need much money.....

wat they give is enough 4 our expenses.....

i thnk this is enough wen u r studying...........

i u don agree then u ve many better choices.... u can go 4 it..

y u r swiming in the same pool???????????

U knw im nt against ur views... im jus against the way u expressed it...

Mitul (CA - PCC Student) (62 Points)
Replied 12 September 2009

hey guyz, wer all students, no doubt the stipend doesnt even last half a month for us, we should understand that its our luck that wer getting paid money even though it is a small amount from the people who r teaching us. im sure no other course/person would pay u to teach you. we shouldnt look at it in a negative way, and instead of the stipend we should look at the knowledge, experience wer getting at this age, and wer also getting paid for that. isnt that amazing!! cheerz guyz..

CA Milap Mehta (ACA) (248 Points)
Replied 13 September 2009

i think present limit of stipend is low but enough for new articles until they passed PCC examz..i also think that after passing PCC the stipend limit should be increased so there should be different limits for new articles n semi-qualified (PCC passed out) articles..

vimal kukreti (ACA) (28 Points)

HI ..

I m agree with that its period of learning but we can learn more and fast if we get gud stipend and we worth it according to our work.....

vaishali (student ) (362 Points)

FRNDS UR VIEWS ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT BUT  THINK " IT IS BETTER TO BE PAID LESS  FOR 3.5 YEARS THEN TO PAY MORE FOR LIFE TIME "  DO THINK OVER IT FRNDS

CA CS CIMA Prakash Somani (Landmark Group) (23502 Points)
Replied 18 September 2009

Nice topic. i am not agreed at all

Abdul Hameed (Article) (28 Points)
Replied 19 September 2009

With that Stipend we can do nothing..........That lead us depending our parents for fee for coaching Classes, Travelling Exps etc. So that to renew  by Fixing a better amount ............

CA Sneha Varaiya (Chartered Accountant) (60 Points)
Replied 21 September 2009

I also think Stipend which we are getting is very less as the fees of enrollement,examination,GMCS,CCT,etc. is so high & its not possible for everyone to afford it. So if stipend is increased then student can atleast bear its own fees. Also we can't argue institute rules as we are bound by it but in my opinion institute can do 1 thing is they can fix min stipend as per size of a CA firm or no. of patners or their professional receipts,etc. in this way there can be many tools to fix stipend of an article.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register