Mega Offer Avail 65% Off in CA IPCC and 50% Off in all CA CS CMA subjects.Coupon- IPCEXAM65 & EXAM50. Call: 088803-20003

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

abhishek (CA FINAL)     04 May 2014

Closing stock in tally

Hi ALL

We have to finalise accounts of a client and to do so we need value of closing stock.we wish to enter the value of closing stock manually.To do so we have selected No for integrate inventory with accounts in features by F11.BUT problem is everytime we are putting the value in closing stock .it is not reflecting the value in profit and loss and when we are putting value in opening stock.The same values are appearing in opening stock and closing stock! :(

can any one help me to put those closing stock value in profit and loss account such that only closing stock value is reflected.

thank you in advance

16 Replies

(Guest) Just open balance sheet or p/l. And select stock ledger, press enter, enter till you reach on table where you can specify stock value as on date which you specify.. There, enter date and closing stock value. This option you'll not get in ledger alteration menu. For this you have to do this from balance sheet or P/L.
Rama chary Rachakonda

Rama chary Rachakonda (Master in Accounts & Lawyer email ID:ramachary64@gmail.com voice no:9989324294)     04 May 2014

closing stock always calculated as per cost. So you have to follow that.and follow Mr.Manish suggestion.

Naveen

Naveen (Partner)     04 May 2014

Mr. Manish is right. You can enter monthy or any purticular date or year end date.
Naveen

Naveen (Partner)     04 May 2014

Mr. Manish is right. You can enter monthy or any purticular date or year end date. For example 30.4.2014, 31.05.2014, 31.03.2015
JITENDRA SHARMA

JITENDRA SHARMA (accountant)     04 May 2014

Open tally and You have to do press F11 and select no in inventory details. After that create a ledger in the name of stock and enter opening value of stock after thatgo to p/l account and sselect the stock and enter the closing value as u wish if you not understand then call me 9832090679
1 Like
vishak

vishak (accounts)     04 May 2014

Pls check the period
vishak

vishak (accounts)     04 May 2014

Pls open closing stock ledger and change date to closing date
Deepak

Deepak (Accounts Officer)     05 May 2014

Create opening stock and then enter closing stock manually.
Raman

Raman (Accountant)     05 May 2014

Please entry all commodity item wise In tally. From: Raman
Kadiwal and Associate

Kadiwal and Associate (Proprietor)     05 May 2014

Please check the period
durgaprasad

durgaprasad (accounts executive)     21 May 2016

dear all experts,

I need to clarify my solutions,

When we maintaining the tally erp version with integrated accounts with inventory.  We are maintain the number of commodities.  How to increase the closing stock of Quantity in specific commodity and how to reduce the closing stock value.

SHAJAHAN

SHAJAHAN (AUDITOR)     09 September 2016

while you creating/altering the expense ledger plz select No for account integrate with inventory , then you can reduce the value of closing stock 

Harshad Raval

Harshad Raval   31 July 2017

SIR BUT WHEN THE STOCK ITEM ARE MORE THAN ONE AND WE NEED TO REDUCE THE CLOSING STOCK OF EACH ITEM PARTICULARLY THEN WAHT WE DO ....

bdj

bdj (propreitor)     20 March 2019

I have received accounts of one propriotory concern who deals in paper bags and stationary.  Earlier accountant was not following the method of unit wise entry into tally package.  Now my problem is how to find out Closing Stock every month.  (Earlier Accountant used to calculate on lumpsum basis).  Please guide me as to which method to use to calculate closing stock when purchase, sales and opening stock is given (all including GST)  

suppose his sales for the month is 125143, purchase is 29778 and opening stock is 439980.  CA has shown 363500 as closing stock for the month.  What calculation has been done.  Please guide me.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register