Easy Office
LCI Learning

CAs way ahead than MBA's!!!

Page no : 4

Mayur A. Vora (Chartered Accountant) (14 Points)
Replied 20 September 2007

All profession is good in its ownway. At present market demands more on financial and tax managements aspects. CA training is so good which person leanrs during study time which leads to rapid growth after passing exams. CA. Mayur A Vora Mumbai

(Guest)
Sister Institute Enemy but Global pride- who? Ans- Cost Accountant and MBA

Ninad Mondkar (Career Counselor) (117 Points)
Replied 21 September 2007

What is going on here...!!! The thread started as contribution of CA & MBA in the market & went on to CA v/s CWA...!!!! And what Animosity...!!! Wow...!!!! Amazing !!! Memebers/ Students' of so called sister concerns' fighting it out, to undermine the others' importance...!!!! Great...!!! Keep up the good work...!!!!!

(Guest)
I think Mr. Shekhar just wanna debate without accepting the reality. MBAs are far better than a CA, i would advise him to do a survey and see that all the top positions are occupied by MBA, CMAs & CSs. Mr. Cost Excellent is very logical that Chartered word can only be used in Royal Monarch and since India is a republic then this word can not legitimately be used by the ICAI, if they are using then its just b'coz noobody objected on it and it does not create their lawful right on it.. i have read the meaning of the word given in the url, its better you too read it once plz. ignorace is the worst evil.. plz be logical be open and accept whats logical only then u may debate on who is better. whether u accept or not CAs are much inferior then MBAs.

Shashwat Shekhar (Assistant Manager) (3528 Points)

Hi mr Costexcellence....post any message from ut original Id dude

Shashwat Shekhar (Assistant Manager) (3528 Points)

1. Mr SKS,,you beteer do the survey,it will be useful to u coz u wil get to know the relaity. I am very much aware about all this, that who is in top mgmt. Get ur facts right. Even IIM guys are in limelight bcz of media publicity,they need it,we dont. After campus, MBAs hardly find themselves eligible for promotion. For promotion u need KNOWLEDGE. What u study in 1 book we read that in one chapter. Now here also u will say no MBAs hv more knowledge than CAs. U better do,i dont care. But ignoring the fact is not good u see. 2. Chartered word n all. It is there for last 59 yrs. No one has any problem except u. It will be there in future also. U better get habitual of it.

pankaj sharma (student) (33 Points)
Replied 22 September 2007

an mba student's base is nothing? they only know how to speak&speak!!!!!!!!!! AND @ SKS THE WORD CHARTERED MEANS ONLY A DECLARATION BY THE GOVERNING AUTHORITY OF A NATION WHETHER DEMOCRATIC OR MORARCH

pankaj sharma (student) (33 Points)
Replied 22 September 2007

@ COSTEXCELLENCE& SKS TELL ME WHY ONLY CAs ARE GIVEN THE ATTESTATION POWER AND WHY NOT TO THE MBA?

(Guest)
MBA has nothing to prove them. they are well recognised globally(particulary Indian MBA).Indian CA have to prove it with example. in fact Indian CA is not recognised by ICAA(Institute of Chartered Accountants of Australia). ICAI qualification is treated by same level ICAA as entry level qualification. first ICAI should compete with ICWAI/ICFAI micro analysis ability. MBA is far ahead of ICA. in fact name of ICAI should be immediately changed to IFAI(Institute of Financial Accountants of India)as per ICWAI plea.

CA Swapnil (job ) (1205 Points)
Replied 23 September 2007

i feel we should judge both professions in terms of services provided... a CA can cater to organisations if he is in service and also caters to a large no of people if he is in service..u cannot practise as a MBA.. Also we should consider other factors such as restriction on membership , a professional body for protecting the interests of members... a code of ethics... CAs have all this... do MBAs have all this.. merely having IIMs does not elevate a profession to a high level..

CA Swapnil (job ) (1205 Points)
Replied 23 September 2007

CAs have a institute to protect the interests of members...they have a code of ethics.. there is restriction on entry in the profession.. they do not have mgmt institutes in every city to give a degree.. the profession is regulated.. CAs can cater to a large no of people as they are in service and can practise too.... does MBA have all this.Is there a common ground to judge all MBAs..Is there a institute which restricts the no of MBA professionals..merely having IIMs is not going to elevate MBA to the already proven heights a CA can achieve... dare to ans my questions...

Replied 24 September 2007

I personally feel that this discussion is getting too personal & we are just throwing mud at each other & trying to undermine each others' qualification... I do not understand what's so great about the word " Chartered " anyways... I think the word just caught on.. There are many " republics ", where the Certified Accountants are called as Chartered Accountant,( e.g. Sri Lanka, Singapoore , Pakistan ( if I can call it a republic ).. & moreover even if the Institute ( ICAI ) is rechristened to IIFA, what's the big deal !!!! Prior to ICAI being formed by the act of Parliament, the British Govt. or rather the Union Jack used to provide Certificates to all those who successfully cleared the exams conducted by them in India in the field of Accounts, these accountants were called as ' Indian Registered Accountants' ( IRA )... The IRAs were the founding fathers' of ICAI... So, lets' assume that the position paper of ICWAI gets' accepted, nothing is going to change as far as the examination is concerned, the passing percentage is concerned, the hardwork, the patience is concerned.. except the name...!!!! Why fight over such an irrelevant issue when the aura, the prestige in the outside world would anyways' going to prevail... Moreover, I have seen a few people undermining MBAs, let's not do that either, it is not at all necessary for a student to be from IIMs to climb a corporate ladder. I am curently working with lot of perople who have climbed on to be CEOs & CFOs without graduating from IIMs... The same thing is true as far as a CA is concerned, even you would see a CA as a CFO or a CEO...At the same time there are MBAs who are not able to get a decent placement & there are CAs who are not able to sustain a decent practice... So, why generalise...!!!

I came acoss a comment, here, where it was written that, " ICAA does not recognise the qualification provided by ICAI " ... Well, let me assure you that even ICAI does not recognise the qualification provided by ICAA.. To recognise each others' qualification both the Institutes have to sign a MOU.. Till, today, ICAI has signed a MOU with ICAS ( Singapore ), whereby both the Institutes' would recognise each others members.. & The Insitute ( ICAI ) is in discussion terms with ICAA ( Aus ) & ICANZL ( New Zealand ) & soon both the Institutes' would sign on the dotted lines... Earlier the Inst. had a MOU with ICAE&W ( England & Wales ), however, the Inst. ( ICAE&W ) decided to annul the recognition of qualifiaction of ICAI, siting gowing competition in there own domestic market from CCAs ( ACCA ) & CMAs ( CIMA )... After that, the Inst. ( ICAI ) decided not to recognise the qualification of ICAE&W, either...!!! Contd...

Today, the members' of ICAI get a lot of exemptions in various subjects' when they decide to pursue a professional accounting qualification.. e.g. The CICGA ( Canadian Inst. of Certified General Accounatants ) has given exemptions to all those members of ICAI who intend to pursue CGA... The members' would have to give exam only on Corporate Law, Tax Laws , Bussiness Law & Auditing Laws 'coz these change from country to country... The same exemptions are available to members' of ICAI & ICWAI, when they decide to take up CA of ICAEW ( Exemptions' to members' of ICAI ) & CMA of CIMA ( exemption provided to members' of ICAI & ICWAI )... The passing percentage of Chartered Accountants' ( ICAI ) when they take up CPA ( AICPA ) is 80 compared to world passing percentage of 25 & the American passing percentage of 7... Siting which the AICPA decided not to grant exemptions' to the members of ICAI , pursuing CPA...!!! It can be rest assure that today all qualifications' ( i.e. CAs / CWAs / MBAs / CSs etc.) have stood the test of time... I would just like to humbly request my fellow members & students to stop this discussion here itself & move on to some important issues' rather than fighting each other & undermining each others' qualification... I hope we all are aware that we are " professional's "...

(Guest)
Yes, I support Mr N M Mondkar. we should stop such type of discussion. we are all professional. As far as "chartered" word concerned, it is a political game between ICWAI and ICAI. ICAI has opposed the name change of ICWAI to ICMAI(Institute of Management Accountant of India). so, ICWAI has played counter strategy for deletion of word 'chartered" from ICAI name.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: