Can i pursue cfa with ca having completed bcom

Hi,  I have completed my bcom from ignou and i am in ca final now. My articleship is also Complete.  I want to pursue cfa and want to give exam along with ca final. 

Is there a need to take  permission from icai. And if yes what is the procedure? 

Thanks in advance

Chartered Accountant

Since your articleship is complete you need not take the permission of icai to pursue other course simultaneously.

1. Be clear with the goals- you wanna be an accountant or an analyst or just earn another degree- what is your natural/gifted talent- identify by talking to yourself and then choose one at a time...best regards..

I have not cleared IPCC neither Graduation. I want to be a financial Analyst. I think CFA is good.

Since, for the same Bachelor degree is required, I have to pursue graduation first.

I want to pursue Bcom via distance learning so please tell me under which university should I pursue the same so that I can register for CFA level1 and than take the exams, I mean to say whose Bcom is eligible for CFA program.

I am also hearing in the internet that some students are being enrolled in cfa program from the first year of graduation itself.

Please reply soon. 

Thanks in advance.

I would recommend you to go to cfa website and register there and check the name of colleges mentioned there.

I have done my bcom from ignou and i have tried contacting everywhere but no one is able to vouch whether this degree is acceptable or not.

So please before you take decision check

1) the university you are trying to do bcom with is it NAAC accredited

2)Check it in CFA registration tab

3)Use WES evaluation tool which will tell you whats your degree worth in US(it should be 4 years equivalent then only you are eligible)

So please take caution because in my case ,this ignou problem is going on since a long time(you can check in forums it dates back since 2009 )and nobody from the university has provided solution for this.

Hi,

To register for CFA Exam you should Have a bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree or (i) be in the final year of your bachelor’s degree program at the time of registration or (ii) have four years of professional work experience (does not have to be investment related) or (iii) have a combination of professional work and college experience that totals at least four years.

To know more about CFA exam visit http://imarticus.org/chartered-financial-analyst

You can opt for a CFA after completing your CA because a combination of CFA and C.A can give you more insight in the corporate world. The course structure in C.A is varied and covers subjects like accountancy, taxation, costing and law.

In comparison to C.A, CFA includes an entire curriculum on finance while CA only contains a subject in finance. CFA is a globally recognized degree and the exams take place all over the world. There is more depth of finance in CFA than an MBA or a C.A.

Also after completing CFA in India, a lot of avenues open in terms of job prospects. You can work in the finance dept. of a company or in the risk dept., you can also work as an equity analyst, investment manager, portfolio manager, forensic auditor, etc. Mutual fund houses, private equity houses and hedge funds also employ a lot of CFAs.

ARE YOU ELIGIBLE?

For CFA, you have to either be a graduate, or you must be in your final year of graduation. Apart from this, you can have a combined education and work experience of about 4 years. You also need a passport for registration.

However, to get an unbiased and experienced opinion on this topic, watch these videos below of Aswini Bajaj who is a trainer, global consultant in delivering lectures on finance and a public speaker.

CFA - ASWINI BAJAJ

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

CCI MENU