Calculation of IT

I am a resident retired Indian of age more than 80 years. My income is from Govt pension and interests of FDs and savings bank interests only.

I opt for new tax regime.

Under the above conditions, am I entitled to any deductions?

If yes, to which deductions and the amount thereof?

What are the relevant sections of Income Tax Act?

I will be much obliged for advise from experts to enable me to compute my tax obligations.

Replies (2)
Quick Summary
A super senior citizen sought guidance on income tax deductions under the new tax regime. The discussion clarified that only the standard deduction on pension is available, while deductions such as Section 80TTB are not allowed. The user also shared details of pension and FD accounts.

Under the New Tax Regime, you are only entitled to a Standard Deduction of ₹75,000 under Section 16(ia) against your government pension income. You cannot claim the Section 80TTB deduction of ₹50,000 on your FD and savings bank interest, as Chapter VI-A deductions are disallowed under this regime. Additionally, under Section 194P, if your pension and interest come from the same bank, you can submit a declaration to the bank to be completely exempted from filing an ITR.

My pension is credited to SB A/c in SBI by the treasury. I have got one FD in this bank. In addition I have got FDs in other banks also.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article assistant

S.K.Bajpai & Co.

Noida

B.Com

View Details
Company
Featured ARTICLESHIP 06 October 2026
Semi Qualified

AJAY SINGH AND CO LLP

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 October 2026
Articled Assistant

KPSN & Associates LLP

Chennai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
08 October 2026
Account Executive

Elite Taxation

New Delhi

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details