Bank not filing etds

Dear Friends,

I did not get any TDS refund from the IT dept. for three years since FY 2007-2008 and when I inqured I came to know that the bank has not sent my indiviual TDS details for the the last three years although bank issued me the TDS certificate.

Please tell me what are my remedies? I have already asked the bank to revise the return and file the etds but the bank is taking so much time as it is almost now two months and still the bank is making excuses to file the revised etds. and blaming me that I did not give them the PAN number on time.

My question to you is:

Am I going to get the interest from the IT dept. for the last three years on excess TDS although bank has not sent them my details individually? ) 

Can  I hold the bank responsible for the delay or not getting of my TDS refund?

Can a customer take any action against the bank for not getting the TDS refund as the bank failed to send the IT dept. customer TDS details even if the Bank has already the PAN of the customer?

Thanks in advance

Replies (3)

1. Yes, you are eligible to  get interest from the IT dept. for the last three years on excess TDS although bank has not sent them your  details individually because they have issued bank has issued TDS Certificate to you. 

.

2. You can  hold the bank responsible for the delay or not getting of my TDS refund through Banking Ombudsman. If the amount of interest is neglibile then not advisable because it is time consuming. 

.


3. You can take action aginst the bank by applying to the Income-Tax Officer who in turn will issue notice to the bank for failing its duties. The banks has to pay penalty for that. 

if bank has issued TDS certificate to you and it has no modification at later date, that means your PAN was available to bank at the time of TDS accounting. if its modified then put details on board to discuss further

Thank you so much for replies.

The TDS for three years is quite a big amount. Today I got a call from the Bank that they have sent the etds revised return yesterday and it can still take three days when TDS will appear on TIN NSDL site. They have said this before few times so I am not very optimistic if they are serious this time

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
08 October 2026
Account Executive

Elite Taxation

New Delhi

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
Featured 03 October 2026
Accountant

A P Lodha and Associates

Jalna

B.Com

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
08 October 2026
Accounts and Tax Associate

POOJA R TELI & CO

Pune

CA Inter

View Details