Accrual and Reversing

Good Evening to All,

 

I have a interesting question I want to ask on Accruals. Relevant details are as under:

 

I get Electricity bill from service provider every month dated 05 the of every month that charges relates to  previous month. Example bill dt.5-9-2024 and charges relates to 01.08.2024 to 31.08.2024.

Every month of management account I have to accrual for the month of August.

 

1. How to do the accrual in a precise manner.

 

2. Also, next question is that we receive credit note on regular basis from electricity service provider if there is any excess billing but this credit note may relates to 3 months back but is dated in current month. Example. Credit Note dated 05.09.2024 but it relates to period of May 2024. The scenarios is that I have account credit note in current month at the same time I have move back credit note expense to the period it relates too.

 

How to pass necessary entries so that management account relates true and correct picture of profit and loss

 

Please reply.

 

Thank you in advance  

 

Best Regards,

 

Antonio

 

 

Replies (1)
Accrual and reversing is different

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
07 October 2026
Senior Account Manager

Amplio Invest

Mumbai

M.Com

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 30 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

CA Suraj Garg & Associates

New Delhi

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 08 October 2026
ARTICLE TRAINEE

S.B.G. & CO. CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details