A story with a moral: building a mansion for the here-after.

Years ago there lived a rich man, who was so rich that he had multiple properties in many different countries.

 

He had a servant whom he always called by the name “fool”. One day before his overseas trip to US, he called his servant, “Fool come here! Tomorrow I am heading to New York…” His servant asked, “Where will you be staying over there master?” To which the man laughed and replied, “Fool don’t you know? I have built myself 2 houses and 3 hotels there.”

 

Some other time, when he had another overseas trip due he called his servant, “Fool come here! I’ll be leaving to Manchester tomorrow.”

 

His servant asked, “So where are you going to stay there master?”

 

Again the man laughed and replied, “Fool don’t you know? I have prepared ahead and bought 3 mansions and 4 Penthouses there.”

 

Years passed, the man grew sick and during his last hours he was on his death bed.

 

Weakly, he called his servant, “Fool come here! I am very weak and i feel I’m heading towards my next life soon.”

 

To which the servant jokingly asked,” Where are u going to stay over there master?”

 

The man swelled up in tears and said, “Oh fool, I worked so hard and spent so much money building myself places to stay in many different parts of this world. But I never did anything to build myself anything in the hereafter. I called you fool all this while, but instead I have been the foolish one.”

 

 

Moral: Dear Friends, yes this may look like an imaginary story but after all what is the meaning behind this? We spent money and time building our futures in this world, which is of course important. But what have we done in preparation of our next life? Have we prayed enough so that we have mansions in paradise? Or have we done enough good deeds to at least earn a tree to lie against and to eat fruits from in paradise? May this will make all of us reflect and work harder for the afterlife.

Replies (3)

very well shared...

"To live is the rarest thing in the world.

Most people exist, that is all"...
 

"LIFE HAS NO MEANING....

GOD GIVEN US TO MAKE A MEANING OUT OF IT''

nice story with great morals.

thanks for sharing.

Beautiful sharing Tanvi ji...and a very nice message....

thanks

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 30 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

CA Suraj Garg & Associates

New Delhi

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Audit Executive

Thammana & Associates

Srikakulam

B.Com

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details