ICICI

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

**Popular Discussion**

(Guest)

"Popular Discussion" Should contain topics/queries related to studies, career, professions and allied topics.

But Our CCI posts the topic on Popular Discussion on the basis of number of replies given to the particular topic.

This is totally wrong. e.g. todays topic called " Friends"... posted in Popular discussion by CCi, ..I dont understand what is there to discuss on this topic.?

Am not saying that topics other than studies should not be posted but they should not be featured in "Popular discussion" at the cost of other important topics.

Topics which are very important,which needs members/ students opinion/views must be given a preference in " popular discussion".

88 Replies

CA AYUSH AGRAWAL (Kolkata-Pune-Mumbai) (26935 Points)
Replied 12 March 2012

Dear Arun Kumar,

I am Very Agree With You.

I Accept CCI is Really Great Platform For Professionals.,  But In CCI  Unneeded Material Posted More Instead of Study and Professionals Related.

But Though CCI is Best.

4 Like

CMA Ankur Pandey (Govt.Job) (4401 Points)
Replied 12 March 2012

Originally posted by : CA AYUSH AGRAWAL

Dear Arun Kumar,

I am Very Agree With You.

I Accept CCI is Really Great Platform For Professionals.,  But In CCI  Unneeded Material Posted More Instead of Study and Professionals Related.

But Though CCI is Best.

1 Like

Ankur Garg (Company Secretary and Compliance Officer)   (114659 Points)
Replied 12 March 2012

Noted and appreciated your observation dear Arun.

But I think it is fine...team Admin is doing fine as far as shuffling of the posts is concerned at the window of "Most Popular Discussion" at CCI homepage.

Ankur

3 Like

Chitra Alagappan (BCOM., CA Final) (464 Points)
Replied 12 March 2012

I agree  that the word "Discussion" means something to discuss about queries or problems. But here in Popular Discussion is only part no. of replies. For eg. if the forum have any 3-4 replies as like thanks for sharing etc that particular forum in "Popular Discussion".

I also feel one thing some Personal Forum are also posted like "Happy Birthday to Rishila". Sorry to say these are forward as Private Message not as Forum  and the same one in Popular Discussion also.

CCI is Professional related one and best one.

I really said that CCI is very helpfull to all members apart from  the above said.

If anything wrong Sorry for that.

2 Like

CA AYUSH AGRAWAL (Kolkata-Pune-Mumbai) (26935 Points)
Replied 12 March 2012

Dear Chitra,

Fully Agree.

Many a Times I Noticed That When I Post Something Knowledgable/ Informative or Important Post Then No Replies......

But Whenever i Post Any Quote / or Something Other Then May Get Multiple Replies.

But Whatever may be, You May Go any Where, You Will Find Same Attitude by Peoples.

But Still CaClubIndia is Best Among Others.

3 Like

(Guest)

Discussions on "professional topics and other kind of posts" is not new on CCI,

I think, website might have designed to show the topics on "Popular discussion" which gets prompt and more replies, It must be an automatic arrangement,

I agree this is valid point to discuss, but it doesnt mean that we should point some other's post and argue, then the discussion will divert to other points definitely, so better, we can discuss it as a general discussion.

whats the wrong thing in opening threads to convey our wishes, that too related to one respected member, featured member, and a great contributor of CCI..,  

I always wonder, what  "Professional" means, does it mean only about studies and career, whether professionals dont have their personal life, even in offices also, birthdays, special days will be celebrated,

There are many websites who deal with only professional matters, but CCI is definitely not in those, as its specially designed and cameup with studies, experts, files, Articles, as well as inspirational, humour, Pictures, info tech,... and much more,

A professional is definitely in need of inspiration, a little relaxation, his mind too needed some diversion from studies for sometime.. Its the speciality of CCI, it serves you in all ways....

This reply is not to hurt anyone, but please, lets dont point to other's posts..

Now the main subject of this topic.. I also believe Admn need to do some sortation, while choosing  to display in "popular discussion" window, They should not be choosed based on replies, but based on the subject matter of the topic,

7 Like

Replied 12 March 2012

Originally posted by : Harini

This reply is not to hurt anyone, but lets dont point to other's posts..

Let me tell you…you cannot hurt anybody.

Thanks for such a balanced and unbiased analysis Harini.

For me Admin and Moderators are doing fine…not much change is required.

Thanks Harini and Arun.

Ankur

3 Like

Hemant Kumar (Accounts Manager MBA (Fin) CMA*)   (6450 Points)
Replied 12 March 2012

Agree with you Arunkumar and Ayush ji. We should keep in mind that this platform is for professionals and persuing students of professional studies so we means cci expect posts like informative, knowledgebale and related to study and profession. But we all are part of Society so some posts were shared on this platform as friendly in nature, it is didnt meant that this platform is social sites like facebook etc. CCI is the best. So Arunkumarji your advice is good. Noted. Thanks.  

1 Like

(Guest)

@ Harini madam,

Thanks for sharing your honest views.

Once again i tell all  that am not against the topics which are not related to studies/ profession.

Further i mentioned that so called topic name to explain my point very clearly. Infact am the first person to show my gesture to that post " Friends".

My point is topics which are related to studies/profession/ career related should be given first preference in popular discussion than the other topics.

More over the concept of selecting the topic for the popular discussion based on the number of replies needs to be avoided.

3 Like

Hardik Dave (IPCC and CS Professional(FINAL) Student)   (15528 Points)
Replied 12 March 2012

Yes it is true, but we can discuss and share both, means study and some important quotes which may affect many people and change their life also.
1 Like

Joey Tribbiani (fdg) (2010 Points)
Replied 12 March 2012

that I think everyone knows k CCI is having loads of "INSPIRATIONAL" stuff in forum messages. Some people here just copy paste pics from facebook and dont have anything fruitful to say except Thx for sharing n all. i am not against these posts but I think we dont come on CAClub for that purpose. For Inspirational stuff we have lot of crap on Facebook.  

3 Like

(Guest)

@ Ankur Sir,

You said not much change is required can i assume that u also agree that there are some issues which need a change from admin.

Replied 12 March 2012

Change is the only thing which is constant in the world. So there are always changes coming in our personal and professional life, to which we need to adapt ourselves.

In the same way for CCI as well change is a continued process. I am here from January 2009 and have seen so many fruitful changes from Admin till date. In this way I have full faith in Admin and honest members like you.

The success secret of CCI is the ability of Admin to bring right change at the right time. If we are reluctant to accepting changes in life, then it will become very difficult to achieve our goals. A successful person is the one who takes life as it comes and changes himself or accepts changes as they come his way. CCI admin understand this fact very well.

I am sure point raised by you took note by Admin and soon in future you’ll experience the desired change.

Thankssmiley

4 Like

mannu (1/2 CA) (589 Points)
Replied 12 March 2012

u r right ~

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags