"I was failing in exam not because I was not capable but everyone was failing in my circle"
Life-Changing Questions to Ask Yourself
- What kind of person do you want to be?
- Who are the 5 people you spend the most time with currently?
- Do they match whom you want to be in the future?
- Who are the top 5 people who embody the qualities you desire?
- How can you increase contact with them?
"According to research by social psychologist Dr. David McClelland of Harvard,
"The people you habitually associate with determines as much as 95% of your success or failure in life."
The people we surround ourselves with are the biggest influence on our behaviour, attitudes, and results. Who you are around - what they’ve got you thinking, saying, doing, and becoming - sets the course of your life. The dream in your heart may be bigger than the environment in which you find yourself. Sometimes you have to get out of that environment to see that dream fulfilled. It’s a fact of life that some people hold us back, while others propel us forward. That’s just the way it is, so you might as well accept it and learn how to deal with it. For instance, you can't hang out with negative people and expect to have a positive life. We become like the people that we (choose to) expose ourselves to. It follows that you can accelerate your personal growth in whatever direction you desire by spending time with people who already are whom you want to become.
So, ask yourself
- Who do you spend the most time with?
- Who are the people you most admire?
- Are those two groups of people the same?
Now, you knew that you are just an average of 5 people around you. So, decide the types of people you want in your circle.
Some Tips regarding your Friend Circles
- There should some friends from other domains also. You will come to know the opportunity & challenges of that domain also. From this, you will understand that every domain has its challenges & opportunities. Your friends' circle should be from different backgrounds & even different places. If you have some foreign friends in your network then very well, visit their place you will learn many things. Different age groups of people should be in your circle. Sometimes a great lesson of life you can learn from a child that smile always whatever situation in life. Traveling to a new place & making a new friend is one the best way to relax & learning. I always suggest that there should be some girls in your circle not just for the opposite sex but for learning the standard of life & to come out that boy's environment.
- Golden pieces are not created in a single attempt. You have to apply the same rule in life also. For finding the best you may have to go through the worst. "Break up, if it’s breaking you down". Never beg for a relationship. Commit yourself that you will give priority to your education whatever situation.
- Always make a good bonding with the person who always stands for you without asking any question that is your family members in most cases and maybe your mate or your friend who understand you, motivate you, support you & help you to go beyond your limits. Follow some role models from your domain area like whom you want to be. Study about them & their journey.
- Your circle is not limited to only a real person but it also includes the book you read, the technology you use, your clothes, the accessories you wear & such others. All of these should uplift your life. Even you can add someone in your circle with whom you have no physical reach. You can follow in social media or listen to their interviews & read biographies. Always do have a deeper level discussion, take regular suggestions & counseling from your network.
Napoleon Hill wrote in Think and Grow Rich that every night before he slept, he would have an imaginary council meeting with his "invisible counselors." The council started with a group of 9; it eventually expanded to over 50. It included people like Darwin, Einstein, Aristotle, Confucius, and Socrates. Through these nightly council meetings, he received immense inspiration, knowledge, and ideas which he credited for his success in life.
- "Stop criticizing yourself for your failures. Start appreciating yourself for your achievements." - Sandeep Maheshwari
- "Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart." - Steve jobs
- "The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong" - Mahatma Gandhi
- "Never expect positivity from negative people" - CA Rajendra Sah