In the last article, we discussed about pre-result fear. Now we will be discussing about result day and post result plan of action.
Part 2 - Result Day:
Just as every picture has two sides, the result day is also a day of happiness and joy on the one hand and a day of sadness and disappointment on the other. Surely it is the most exciting day of CA course, the day on which the heart beats fastest.
It is a day on which we are judged and awarded according to our performance in exams, a day of pride for the outstanding students and a day of disappointment for those who did not perform according to their expectations in the exam.
Remember, results of a piece of paper do not define you.
Exams are conducted to just make you learn things and not define your capabilities. I have had real life examples where people have scored low or rather failed but done better in real life in long run.
Your life is build up with your choices and hard work, results are always secondary.
Part 3 - Post Result:
I wish everyone could clear the exam, but this is CA where no one can predict about the result. So let’s discuss in a realistic method.
Those who won’t be making this time, analyze where are you lacking. Find your weakness and hit it with massive preparation. To clear these professional courses, the old method of just cramming the content is not going to work anymore.
I have my personal Plan of Action for the period between result and the next attempt.
Oscar Wilde said - “Success is a science; if you have the conditions, you get the result”.
Plan of Action for those who won’t be able to clear this time:
- Don’t waste your time in crying and howling;
- Find the weak point where you are lacking, at the earliest;
- Make a schedule and religiously follow it;
- Get your answer sheet from ICAI, so that you can know the lacunae in your writing pattern;
- Don’t keep any subject for the last moment;
- Start meditation, yoga or a health regime (not more than 30 minutes a day);
- Create a power group of friends for study;
- Fix your study hours;
- Have time for entertainment.
- Practice, Practice, Practice.
Plan of Action for those who cleared the exams:
- If you cleared only one group, then follow all of the above steps.
- Those who hit the jackpot, i.e., became CA, for few days enjoy your success;
- Then at the earliest decide what you plan for the future, job, practice, business or further studies;
Those who choose to go for job:
- Start reading the current affairs of past 6 months;
- Read intensively in the area of your expertise;
- Build a strong resume and impactful covering letter;
- Create an impressive LinkedIn profile;
- Write down your introduction for two minutes;
- Network building;
- Prepare for the campus interviews;
Those who choose to go for practice:
- Get your COP as soon as possible;
- Try to have a team of partners, or else you can start on retainership basis;
- Network building;
- Create an impressive profile of your firm;
- Attend lots of seminars;
- Buy and read books;
- Write articles on different social media;
- Join a club, rotary, lions club, etc;
- Learn the Art of Public Speaking;
- Network with other professionals in practice and job;
- Those who choose to go for business, get trained under someone before investing your hard earned capital;
- Those who want to go for further studies, keep in mind there are many options and all are very lucrative;
- You have options like, UPSC, CFA, CPA, MBA(CAT/ISB), Actuarial, etc.
Infuse your life with action. Don't wait for it to happen. Make it happen.
Make your own future. Make your own hope. Make your own love. And whatever your beliefs, honor your creator, not by passively waiting for grace to come down from upon high, but by doing what you can to make grace happen... yourself, right now, right down here on the Earth.