One time Relaxation to those Employers who did not file ESI Contribution for the Contribution period April 2019 to September 2019 within 42 days.
Employees State Insurance Corporation (ESIC), Regional Office North East Region, Assam, vide Console Sl. No. 245 / 2020 letter no. P-11/12/Misc./SST Misuse/2019-Rev.II dated 18.03.2020 has published Relaxation of Employer regarding contribution in time on 07.04.2020.
Date of their publication 07.04.2020.
• Keynotes about relaxations:
1. Director-General relaxed provisions of Regulation 26 of ESI (General) Regulations. 1950
2. Problems faced by the Employers in filing ESI Contribution for the Contribution period April, 2019 to September, 2019, within 42 days.
3. Director General has exercised power vested under Regulation 100 of ESI (General) Regulations. 1950.
4. Relaxation given to: One time Relaxation opportunity has been given to those Employers who did not file ESI Contribution for the Contribution period April 2019 to September 2019 within 42 days after the end of contribution period.
5. Relaxation: Employers (as mentioned above point 4) are allowed to file the Contribution upto 15.05.2020.
• Key Points Important Clarifications:
a) This one-time relaxation is limited to the contribution period ending September, 2019 only, and no further relaxation in limitation for other contribution period is allowed.
b) Such Relaxation is not extended to other older or new contribution period.
Disclaimer: IN NO EVENT THE AUTHOR SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGE RESULTING FROM OR ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THIS INFORMATION
Tags corporate law esic esic