GST Portal has implemented various new functionalities on the GST Portal, from time to time, for GST stakeholders.
The taxpayers, who have registered at the GST portal but have not yet furnished their Bank Account details, are required to update it at GST Portal through non-core amendment, within 45 days of the first login henceforth.
- GSTN has implemented a new functionality on taxpayers' dashboards with the following features:
- The taxpayers can now see the exact Annual Aggregate Turnover (AATO) for the previous FY, instead of just the two slabs of Above or Upto Rs. 5 Cr.
- The taxpayers can also see the Aggregate Turnover of the current FY based on the returns filed till date.
- The taxpayers have also now been provided with the facility of turnover update in case taxpayers feel that the system calculated turnover displayed on their dashboard varies from the turnover as per their records.
- This facility of turnover update shall be provided to all the GSTINs registered on a common PAN. All the changes by any of the GSTINs in their turnover shall be summed up for computation of Annual Aggregate Turnover for each of the GSTINs
- The taxpayer can amend the turnover twice within a period of one month from the date of roll out of this functionality. Thereafter, the figures will be sent for review of the Jurisdictional Tax Officer who then can amend the values furnished by the taxpayer.
Note: For details, the taxpayers may check out the 'Advisory' section of the aforementioned functionality on their respective dashboards. (GSTN updates - 492)
How to add bank account in GST registration details.
A functionality to check status of bank account details update for the taxpayers who have taken new registration at GST Portal but have not yet furnished the same, has been introduced, in view of Rule 10A of the CGST Rules 2017. Such taxpayers are required to update their Bank Account Details within 45 days of the first login henceforth.
The taxpayers may login and update Bank Account details through Non-core amendment in the manner as specified in the below table. In case the taxpayers who had not updated bank account after registration and are also failed to update within 45 days of their first login henceforth, the system will prompt and force them to comply with the requirements.
- Login to the taxpayer portal
- Go to 'Services'
- Click on 'Registration'
- Click on the tab 'Amendment of Registration Non-Core Fields'
- Select tab 'Bank Accounts'
- Add details of Bank Account (Account No., IFSC, Address, Bank Account type)
- Click on the verification tab, select authorized signatory, enter a place
- Sign application using DSC, E-sign or EVC
For Info: After completion of Bank Account update, a success message will appear on the screen, and the acknowledgment will be sent at the registered email and mobile phone.
(GSTN updates - 492)
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to avoid errors or omissions in this material. In spite of this, errors may creep in. Any mistake, error or discrepancy noted may be brought to our notice which shall be taken care of in the next edition. In no event the author shall be liable for any direct, indirect, special or incidental damage resulting from or arising out of or in connection with the use of this information.