• MSME Ministry introduces Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) strengthening its Single Window System Portal 'Champions' to assist MSMEs of the country
• Ministry implements AI & ML tools to get insights into MSME related issues and grievances for their quick and effective resolution;
• AI & ML analytics can be seen at the “AI Corner” on the Ministry's champions portal.
MSME has implemented AI & ML on its robust Single Window System 'Champions' which was launched by the Prime Minister on 1st June 2020. This multi-modal system has a portal at a virtual level and technology-equipped physical control rooms at around 69 locations in the country. It has emerged as one of the front runner platforms for the MSMEs in a very short span of time.
Ministry has implemented Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) on its Champions portal. Technology Company Intel is their partner on this journey.
• AI is the idea of making machines capable of thinking, acting, and learning like humans.
• It has an ability to enable machines to Learn, Adapts & Do which “Rule-based (MIS) Automations” cannot.
Implementation of AI:
1. AI has started giving the MSME Ministry social media insights relating to MSMEs for its policy action through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Blogs, Forums, and online News which were not available to us on a holistic basis;
2. Ministry says that till now, for grievance redressal, we were dependent on the complaints and data which comes to and through our CHAMPIONS portal. Now, we are able to know the pulse of the entire MSME Sector even without the stakeholders going to our portal;
3. Ministry officials say that now it will be possible to know the emotions of the people involved with or dependent on the MSME sector in real-time;
4. Moreover, AI tools present Data-driven insights that are easy to understand. They can slice and dice data in many ways which are not available in traditional tools of Information Management Systems (MIS);
5. This allows even our ordinary staff, not just specialists, to easily discover actionable points.
6. The data Analytics can be easily shared as real-time live-data links with the teams at Central (Hub level) and spokes of CHAMPIONS Control Rooms spread all over India, an officer said;
7. Ministry feels that now onwards, the AI is going to do the tedious work of preparing data for analysis; thus, freeing up their human resources to engage in more productive work.
MSME Ministry has started:
• Enabling and Optimizing their Champions portal with AI & Analytics technology to derive insights;
• This is helping them in understanding the issues in real-time which includes information intelligence and sentiment analysis based on widely available Social media and Online data.
• This input & intervention will enhance our information resources on the one hand and free our human resources on the other, an official said.
• Ministry of MSME also said that now the next phase is relatively easier for which the trial is on. The second phase would be directed towards real-time grievance redressal and management. This includes:
• Increasing the performance of control rooms & officers through AI-enabled ChatBots for faster response to the query of portal users;
• Give Real-time, detailed analytics across the entire workflow of its single window system and grievance redressal through the Champions portal for effective resolution and greater stakeholder satisfaction.
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to avoid errors or omissions in this material. In spite of this, errors may creep in. Any mistake, error, or discrepancy noted may be brought to our notice which shall be taken care of in the next edition. In no event, the author shall be liable for any direct, indirect, special or incidental damage resulting from or arising out of or in connection with the use of this information.
Tags msme info technology