Income tax department has come up with the Centralized Communication Scheme, 2018 for requiring any person to furnish information or documents for the purpose of verification of information in his possession.
Following are the highlights of the scheme:
1. There will be a Centralize Communication Centre (CCC).
2. The purpose of the scheme is to issue a notice to any person requiring him to furnish information or documents for the purpose of verification of information in his/her possession.
3. The notice issued under the scheme shall be digitally signed.
4. The notice shall be served by delivering a copy by electronic mail, or by placing a copy in the registered account.
5. SMS shall also be sent to the person.
6. Response to the notice shall be furnished on or before the date mentioned in the system.
7. There will be a sustained campaign to ensure compliance by way of sending electronic mails, Short Message Service, reminders, letters and outbound calls.
8. The format and mode of furnishing the information in response to these notices shall be prescribed at the later stage.
9. There shall not be any personal appearance in response to these notices.
10. The Principal Director General of Income-tax (Systems) or Director General of Income-tax (Systems) shall specify the procedure related to the:
- format and procedure for issue of notice;
- receipt of any information or document from the addressee
- mode and format for issue of acknowledgment by the addressee
- provision of web portal facility including login, tracking status of verification, display of relevant details, and downloading facility;
- call centre to answer queries and provide support services, including outbound calls and inbound calls seeking information or clarification;
- managing administration functions such as receipt, scanning, data entry, storage and retrieval of information and documents;
- grievance redressal mechanism in the CCC.
Click here to view the notification
Tags Income Tax