In continuation of “Role of Accounting”, the most important aspect is “FILING”. In the absence of proper filing of all documents, one cannot record the transactions of an organization.
As ideal Organisation is that, where all the information is easily available when it is required and in the absence of any concerned person, others should also get it easily.
For that Filing system should be proper & should be looked after by everyone in the Organisation.
Every document should be filed in separate files as per subject. For any tender, other application, we need to attach various registration certificates & other documents. If filing is done properly, it helps to get necessary details & copies in time. Whenever any paper comes in, it should be checked & should go to proper file.
1. Statutory Documents File:- We should file in this original + 4/5 photocopies of: -
a. Shop Act License,
b. Company Incorporation Certificate or Deed of Partnership
c. PAN card of the establishment as well as of the Owner,
d. Service Tax Registration Certificate,
e. VAT & CST Registration,
f. Excise registration ,
g. Profession Tax registration,
h. Provident Fund Registration,
i. Rent agreement if office is on rent. etc.
j. Ownership document if Office is owned
Scan copies of all these registrations are to be saved in Computer also.
2. Income Tax File:- All Balance Sheet copies along with Stock statement (wherever applicable) & Fixed Asset Register etc. year wise with acknowledgements should be filed.
3. Bank File:- To file - Original OD or CC or Current Account papers & related important correspondence.
4. Loan File:- If any loan other than Bank OD is taken, Original document of Loan, repayment schedule etc.
5. Electricity Bill File:- All original bills are to be filed date wise.
6. Telephone & Internet & Mobile Bill File:- All original bills are to be filed date wise. Chart of telephone lines should be updated regularly.
7. Asset File: All bills related to office renovation, new car purchase, furniture, machinery purchased etc. is to filed.
8. TDS File:- All original tax payment challans , Tax returns , e-return filing receipts are the kept category wise – Advance Tax, TDS (all Sections with working)
9. Professtion Tax File:- All challans for deduction from employee salary, as well as Co. or Firm Prof. Tax . (Year Wise.) Return copies are also to be kept month wise.
10. Provident Fund File:- Monthly employer & employee contribution list, challan copy is to be filed. Copy of Annual return of Provident fund must be kept in this file. For every Year separate files should be prepared.
11. Service Tax File:- All monthly/ quarterly or Six monthly as applicable –Working of tax payable & payment challans and returned filed should be filed.
12. VAT File:- All monthly challans & working of VAT payable / refundable along with return filed should be filed month wise.
13. Excise Duty File:- All monthly challans & working of VAT payable / refundable along wirh return filed should be filed month wise.
14. Employee record file: If no. of employees is less, one file for all employees can be prepared & to be separated employee wise. Resume, Address, Contact No., PAN card copy ,Offer letter, Appointment letter, Confirmation letter, , address etc. of each employee should be kept in this file.
15. Employee Invesement declaration File:- Documents submitted by all employees regarding Salary TDS should be filed.(Employee wise sections are to b done.)
16. HR Rules File:- Write –up about Company General discipline rules, regulations of the company are to be kept in this file. Any new employee joins the Organisation, these rules of that Organisation should be explained to him/ her, on first day which includes:-
a. Daily Office Timing & Lunch timing & Muster roll signing / Punch card system.
b. Detailed leave policy i.e how many PL, Cl and SL are available & rules regarding use of the same.
c. List of yearly Paid holidays
d. Rules regarding facilities given by the organization- i.e Lunch facility, Transport facility etc.
e. Rules regarding yearly increments
f. Rules regarding employee TDS deduction.
g. Format for Investment Declaration.
h. Rules regarding final settlement i.e notice period, settlement of dues like leave encashment, Prov. Fund, Gratuity etc.
FILES REQUIRED FOR ACCOUNTING
It is necessary to do date wise nad year wise filing of all documents given below for recording all transactions.
1. Cash payment Vouchers
2. Bank Payment Vouchers
3. Sales Bills
4. Purchase bills
5. Expenses bills
6. Fixed Asset Purchase
7. Bank statements.