Avail 20% discount on updated CA lectures for Dec 21 .Use Code RESULT20 !! Call : 088803-20003


Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Offline Process to Surrender Duplicate PAN card:

Step 1:

Fill up Form 49A for Change or Correction in PAN, mention the PAN number to be surrendered and submit the form to TIN facilitation centre or apply online for correction.

Save a copy of Acknowledgment for future reference.

Step 2:

Draft a letter addressed to the A.O of your jurisdiction.


  1. Full name on your PAN card;
  2. date of birth (or date of incorporation in case of companies or firms);
  3. PAN card number to be retained and details of duplicate PAN card being surrendered; and
  4. Acknowledgement received of PAN Correction.

 Step 3:

A.O. may levy penalty u/s 272B of Rs.10,000/( Rupees Ten Thousand) under the Income Tax Act for holding more than one PAN.

Step 4:

A.O. may insist for an Affidavit stating that the individual or entity holds no other PAN other than the PAN in use and that the duplicate PAN which is being surrendered has not been used at any time for Income tax purpose or any other purposes.

On submission of the above-mentioned documents, the AO will deactivate/delete the duplicate PAN.

"Loved reading this piece by CA Chetan Vispute?
Join CAclubindia's network for Daily Articles, News Updates, Forum Threads, Judgments, Courses for CA/CS/CMA, Professional Courses and MUCH MORE!"

Tags :

Category Income Tax, Other Articles by - CA Chetan Vispute