A valid Voter ID serves as identification proof and is also a mandatory document for voting purposes. In this fast-paced world, everything is done online as time-saving. Gone are the days when you had to stand in a long queue to apply for a Voter ID Card or check status. Digital India made it possible to check Voter ID Card details online on the tip of your fingers.
All eligible citizens must have a valid voter ID card. If possible, you have already applied and want to know how to process your Voting Card application. You must follow the voting ID status with the help of a reference ID. Once you have submitted their EPIC request and are awaiting your EPIC release, you can track your application status. This facility is available on the official ECI service website.
Nowadays, you can check Voter ID Card details online in just a few seconds. You can now check the status of your voter ID application and make changes online. Here is the step-by-step guide for the same.
Steps to Check Voter ID Card details online
Step 1: Visit the Electoral Search website. This website maintains all voter details after 2 or 3 weeks of applying for a Voter ID Card.
Step 2: On the homepage of the website, you will have two options to access your information. The first way is to type your Epic Number and then the second option is to search by filling out your details.
Step 3: If you select the first option, you will need to enter your Epic number, State, and security code displayed on the screen and click on "search" to find out the details of the Voter id. If you are a registered voter, your details will be displayed on the screen.
Step 4: You can also select the “Search by details” option and enter details such as your full name, age, date of birth, districts, states, and your constituency, and click “Search” for details of your Voter Identity Card. If you are a registered voter, your details will be displayed on the screen.
If you cannot find your details on the Electoral Search website, you can try visiting your state election website. All provinces of India have a CEO website that stores voter information.
- Visit your state election website.
- Enter basic information such as your name, father's name, and Voter ID card number and click the "Search" button.
- Once you click the "Search" option, you will see a list of profiles that match the information you provided.
- Choose your name and click on it for details.
Importance of Voter Id Card
The main uses of the voter ID card are listed below:
- Serves as proof of internationally recognized ownership
- It acts as an acknowledgment for the registration of a person as a voter.
- Under certain conditions such as (by marking), a majority of votes may be barred in the event of an election.
- Works in line with the electoral requirements of people with low literacy rates.
- It has great significance as an identity document for voters who do not have a fixed address. It is suitable for people who change their address frequently, perhaps because of a job.
If you cannot Check your Voter Identity Card details online, visit to the nearest election office at your locality.