GSTR 9C is an audit form that has to be filed by specified taxpayers annually in GST. This form has to be digitally signed by either a Chartered Accountant or a Cost Accountant. While doing the GSTR 9C audit, the following points have to be verified:
- Reconciling GSTR 3B vs. GSTR 1 vs. GSTR 9 vs. Books
- Reconciling GSTR 3B vs. GSTR 2A vs. GSTR 9 vs. Books
- Is there any delay in filing GSTR 3B.? If yes, whether interest paid or not.?
- Whether the taxpayer claimed any ineligible credit.?
- In the case of common input, whether Rule 42 and 43 are followed or not.?
- In case the taxpayer is supplying exempted goods, then whether ITC on purchase of goods or services for such supply was reversed or not
- In the case of FY 2017-18, whether the reverse charge was paid till 13-10-2017 under section 9(4) or not
- Is there any reverse charge invoice in GSTR 2A(besides this, books also to be verified to know whether any supply was there on which GST has to be paid under reverse charge) and whether the taxpayer had paid the same or not
- In case of any mistake in GST returns, whether the same are rectified by amendment or not.? If rectified, then in which month and scope of interest on the same
- Is there any other income in income tax return other than those specified in GST returns.? If yes, then taxability of such income in GST
- Is there any demand raised against the taxpayer.? If yes, then whether the same was solved or still pending and the effect of such order on GST returns
- Is there any consideration received for the disposal of business assets.? If yes, then the taxability of such supply else then the applicability of schedule I.
- Whether any advances received? If yes and if the intended supply is service, then taxability of such advance. In case, GST was paid in the month of service provided then interest in delay between the months of advance received and GST paid.
- Verifying the valuation rules wherever applicable
These are a few points that are to be verified while doing an audit in GST.
Tags :gst returngstaudit