• Earlier date (i.e. Before GST Registration date) is not allowed to be selected for an invoice. What should I do?
Error might be because the date mentioned in invoice is earlier than the customer's GST registration date. You should move the invoices to B2C section and delete the customer's GSTIN mentioned in these invoices. Re-compute B2C summary. Re-upload to govt portal. Please note that your customer will not be able to get input tax credit in such cases since they were not registered for GST on those invoice dates.
• How to record the sales details in case invoice contains multiple line items with multiple tax rate?
For invoices containing multiple line items, invoice level details like GSTIN/UIN, Invoice Number, Invoice Date and Place of Supply & Most critical Invoice value should be repeated for all the line items, in the absence of the same system will not accept those items
Taxable Value, Rate and cess amount as applicable to the line items may be different in the same invoice. The details of the single invoice must be repeated in consecutive rows
• Offline utility does not allow file size more than 5MB?
Break/Split the file into parts and upload each part separately.
• Certain invoices to registered persons not uploaded and GSTR 1 Submitted. How to resolve it?
As of now, editing GSTR-1 not enabled.
• Getting an error as 'Process with error' while filing GSTR-1?
This is a valid scenario while saving invoice. Has to correct the errors in invoices and upload them
• When the user uploads the invoices through offline tool and checks through online portal, uploaded invoices count are shown lesser than uploaded count?
Re-upload again. It might be due to system issues
• There is no provision to upload the invoices for the following sections from the excel template to the GST Offline Tool? i.e.: -
o Exempt sheet - Nil Rated, Exempt, Non-GST columns
o Docs sheet - Documents issued column
You have to manually enter the details for these columns directly on the GST portal. Alternatively, you may purchase GST software available in the market.
• When the combination of HSN code and its description is not unique, an error appears on the GST Offline Tool and GST portal. How to resolve?
This issue may occur when multiple UQCs are being used for a single HSN, and HSN Code - HSN Description combination is not unique for each UQC for a given HSN code.
• Date Issue. How to resolve?
Ensure the system date format of your computer is "dd/mm/yyyy or dd-mm-yyyy" , otherwise it will not get uploaded on portal.
• Decimal Error in the amount section. How to resolve?
Amount of data entered should be only up to 2 decimal digits.
• 'HSN Code error not entered' getting this error every-time. How to resolve?
It is compulsory to provide HSN Summary if previous year (FY 16-17) turnover is more than 1.50 Crores. If it is below 1.50 crores then description of items is compulsorily to be given else the GSTR 1 will be treated as invalid return and penal provisions will apply.
• Do we need to report inward supplies with reverse charge in GSTR-1, if yes how?
In GSTR 1, the Outward Supplies which falls under RCM mechanism and on which recipient is to pay the tax are to be given.
• How many line items can be uploaded in one Go?
Approximately 19,000 line-items can be uploaded in one go using the java tool. In case a taxpayer has more invoice data, he can use the tool multiple times to upload the invoice data
• Tax shown in the offline Java tool is different from the actual tax collected (to the extent of rounding off). What to do?
If the tax collected or liable to be paid by the tax payer is different form the computed tax rate he can edit the tax amounts displayed in the offline java tool
• Can a mistake made in GSTR-3B be rectified in GSTR-1?
Mistake in GSTR-3B can be corrected while filing GSTR-1. Mistake in GSTR-1, can be rectified only in next month's return.