Dos and Donts interviews
A proper interview can get us the job. There are a number of things we need to be prepared with before facing the interview. The following are a few dos and donts .
1. Do check the advertisement.
2. Ensure you meet the requirements and have a positive answer for the requirements not fully met.
3. Research the company products ,staff, culture, clients and competitors.
4. Ensure you know the correct interview procedure . One to One, panel , psychometric testing etc.
5. Reach the scheduled place in time.
6. Keep cv handy.
7. Formal wear is normally preferred.
8. Read your cv well.
9. Focus on your achievements at the interview.
10. Give a confident hand shake when entering.
11. Prepare your own questions in advance.
12. Unless prompted do not ask the salary benefits etc .
13. Ask for the follow up procedure : when you should expect to hear.
14. If you do not hear from the employer do not call up to find the status.
If you are unsuccessful do not lose heart. Keep your confidence. Surely a better job awaits you.
If you are successful do not be jubilant and shoot out your resignation letter . Ask for a formal offer letter and consider all pros and cons before deciding to quit .