It is an unique Identification Number allotted to an individual who is an existing director of a company or intends to be appointed as director of a company pursuant to section 153 & 154 of the Companies Act, 2013
Procedure of obtaining DIN
Any person intending to apply for DIN shall have to make an application in E-Form DIR-3 and should follow the following procedure:
1. E-Form DIR-3 has to follow the online e-Filing process.
2. Attach the photograph and scanned copy of supporting documents i.e. proof of identity, and proof of residence as per the guidelines. Physical documents are not required to submit at DIN cell.
3. Along with the supporting documents, Verification as per Form DIR-4 shall also be attached. This shall contain the Name, Father’s name, date of birth and text of declaration and physical signature of the applicant.
4. The e-Form shall have to be digitally signed and shall be uploaded on MCA21 portal.
5. Upon upload, Pay the fees for eForm DIR-3. Only electronic payment of the fees shall be allowed (I.e. Netbanking / Credit Card). No challan payment will be accepted under revised procedure of DIN allotment.
The applicant is required to get himself/herself registered on the MCA21 Portal to obtain login id, which is necessary for payment of the fees. After obtaining the login-id, Login to the MCA21 portal and click on 'e-Form upload' link available under the 'e-Forms' tab for uploading the e-Form DIR-3. e-Form DIR-3 will be processed only after the DIN application fee is paid.
6. Upon upload and successful payment,
Form DIR-3 is mandatorily to be signed by an Applicant and a practicing professional or secretary (who is a member of ICSI) in whole time employment or the Director of the existing company
Approved DIN shall be generated in case the form is being signed by a practicing professional and details have not been identified as potential duplicate. Provisional DIN shall be generated in case form is signed by secretary in whole time employment or Director of existing company and details have been found as potential duplicate. A suitable informational message and an email shall be provided to the user that the DIN shall be approved after due verification by the DIN cell.
7. Processing of e-Form DIR-3
In case, DIR-3 gets certified by the professional (i.e. CA(in whole time practice)/ CS(in whole time practice)/ CWA (in whole time practice)/, the DIN will be approved by the system immediately online (in case it is not potential duplicate).
8. Post-approval changes in particulars of Form DIR-3
If there is any change in the particulars submitted in e-form DIR-3, applicant can submit e-form DIR-6 online. For instance in the event of change of address of a director, he/ she is required to intimate this change by submitting e-form DIR-6 along with the required attested documents.
What things should be taken care of while filling form DIR-3?
Please note that Income Tax PAN is mandatory in case of Indian applicants so the applicant details (name, father’s name, date of birth) should be as per the PAN details. The particulars filled in form DIR-3 should match with the details given in the supporting documents to be submitted along with DIN application. Any mis-match will lead to rejection of DIN application.
Whether any fee is payable along with application for allotment of DIN?
Yes, DIN application fee of Rs. 500/- is payable.
How to enquire about the status of the payment made for Form DIR-3?
Status of the payment made for Form DIR-3 can be enquired from 'Track Payment Status' link on the homepage of www.mca.gov.in.
What are the scanned documents required to be attached with eform DIR-3?
Please ensure following before attaching supporting documents with DIN application:
• Documents submitted are currently valid and not expired.
• Documents issued by LIC may be enclosed as Date of Birth and Address proof.
• Bank Statements, Utility Bills like telephone, electricity bill etc furnished as residence proof are in the applicant's name only and not older than two months.
• All supporting documents attached with form DIR-3 must be duly attested by an authorized person/ authority.
• In case the director is illiterate, thumb impression should be certified from the concerned revenue authority (where the applicant resides) and then all the documents should be notarized or attested OR if applicant is not in a position to sign the application due to medical reasons and affixed thumb impression on the application then duly attested medical certificate from Government hospital is must with the application stating the reason of his / her ailment.
What things should be taken care of with regard to supporting documents
ID proof must be currently valid and issued by the Central/ State Government or Instrumentalities of state like PSUs, Public Sector Banks, Universities recognized under the UGC Act. It should contain following information:
• Applicant's name with photograph
• Father's Name
• Date of Birth
Tags :Corporate Law