Search for Roti, Kapda & Makan begins for a Chartered Accountant as soon as he clears his final examination and finally the Institute of Chartered Accountant of India is ready to help them in getting Roti, Kapda & Makan through Campus placement.
Now the question that comes to the mind is how to crack campus interviews.
Here are few tips:
The interviewer has your entire application in detail and will very specific questions about things that you have mentioned.
There are two part of campus interviews first will be related general questions and the other related to technical knowledge about the profession.
Top five general questions that are asked:
1. What do you like / dislike about your current position?
2. What are your most important accomplishments?
3. Describe a problem or crisis situation you faced and how you handled it?
4. Tell me about the major project you have worked on. Tell me about a method/ program idea you have developed that has had a major impact on the company.
5. Where do you see yourself after 5 years?
The top areas a Chartered accountant need to concentrate on for technical interview part are:-
· Impact of budget on the company
· Practical application of Accounting Standards
· Understanding of financial Statements
· In depth knowledge of conducting Statutory audits & Internal audits.
· Latest amendments in Taxation.
If you want to supercharge your career and propel yourself into the executive suit all I can say is prepare well and do your best.
Nikhil Jand is a Chartered Accountants. He has also worked with PricewaterhouseCoopers. He delivers seminars and takes workshops for professionals at national & international level.
He is associated with Go Training for preparing Chartered Accountants for clearing campus interviews.
Go training next event is on 9th March. Get the details on gotraining.doattend.com