As the day of examination appears closer, the heart beat increases a bit more, there are a lot of butterflies in the stomach, the fear and excitement creeps in, all the efforts of past few months come down to that one moment. If you can relate to these, you are like any other normal human being. The system has been designed to make you feel so, and sometime, you wonder, what it would feel like to move a step closer to or even achieving your dream of cracking through one of the toughest exams globally. As an individual, there are various beliefs we carry and read at various times and places. Personally, after being through these myself, and looking at several life situations (personal or others), I have felt that certain principle always help you feel better and move towards success. While these may not have Universal application, I am sure they do help.
I have tried to summarize these for the benefit of all the Future Chartered Accountants and successful individuals, who are appearing for the examinations this May:-
1. Preparation matters, but the results are an outcome of concentration - Do things that help you relax and increase your concentration. A little bit of laughing and extra sleep will help you concentrate more, improve focus on questions and seek the right answers.
2. Think of what would be the best thing that would happen, once you clear the examinations - Sometimes knowing what you are aiming for helps you hit the right Target.
3. You don't need to beat everyone around you in the examination Hall - Don't worry what they are doing. You only need to focus on your answer sheet that would help you get that one seat for yourself and that's what matters.
4. Think of the moment when you last did something that you believed was difficult, or even impossible - If you were successful then, there is no reason to fear why this would be different.
5. Life is a long exam - There are various stops, some of which matter and many of them don't. Let this one be just another one in the journey. You reached it means you are progressing and that's what is important.
6. Those who make your papers also went through the CA exams, and cleared them at one stage - They had their tough days and now they are giving you a tough time. Your time would also come - Be patient and take that one step now that would take you closer to that destination.
7. Not everyone who passes, is successful and not everyone who doesn't pass is unsuccessful. Your destiny would be decided by what you do with yourself, once you fall on either side. But leave that decision to be taken when the time comes. No need to worry about it now.
8. It's time to prove the World that they are wrong, that YOU are the winner, that your learnings and experience are far more important.
9. Worrying about the Paper, that is over, can only eat and ruin the time you have for the next paper between examinations. The worries of any given paper should be handed over to the examiner along with the answer sheets. As you come out, think of the next one.
10. GOD has something good for everyone in STORE. The key to that is keep striving towards it by working hard. I know you all had worked really hard for last few months. Just keep going for the next few weeks. All the very BEST.
Do leave your feedback, write or connect to see if I can be of help.