The outbreak of COVID-19 pandemic and concerns over its rapid spread to Indian shores started dominating the activities of the Union Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) since early this year. Detail of MHA activities on COVID-19 can be seen at ANNEXURE I. Major activities of MHA during 2020 -A summary of important developments during the year:
JAMMU & KASHMIR AND LADAKH – Further steps towards Integration of the new UTs with the Union
• Adaptation of Central Laws and State Laws in the Union Territory of Jammu & Kashmir and the Union Territory of Ladakh
• Orders were notified for adaptation of 48 Central Laws and 167 State Laws in respect of UT of J&K
• Orders relating to adaptation of 44 Central Laws and 148 State Laws in UT of Ladakh were also notified.
• The Jammu and Kashmir Reorganisation (Removal of Difficulties) Order, 2020 was notified on 31.03.2020. It removes difficulties with regard to section 75 of the Jammu and Kashmir Reorganisation Act, 2019 for administering oath to new judges appointed to the common High Court for Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh.
• A Bench of Central Administrative Tribunal was established at Jammu on 08.06.2020.
• The Jammu and Kashmir Official Languages Act, 2020 was notified on 27.09.2020.TheAct came into force w.e.f. 29.09.2020. Kashmiri, Dogri, Urdu, Hindi and English have now become official Languages of UT of J&K.
• The number of terrorist incidents in 2020 (Upto15thNov) decreased by 63.93 percent as compared to the corresponding period in 2019. There was also decrease in fatalities of Special Forces Personnel by 29.11 percent and decrease in casualties of civilians by 14.28 percent in 2020 (Upto15th Nov) as compared to the corresponding period in
• One-time financial assistance of Rs. 5.5 lakh per family provided to 36,384 displaced families from PoJK and Chhamb under Prime Minister Development Package. A one-time financial assistance at the rate of Rs.5.5 Lakh per family for the 5,764 families of West Pakistan Refugees (WPRs) in Jammu &Kashmir State is also being provided at par with displaced persons of PoJK and Chhamb.
To know more in details, find the enclosed fileTags : miscellaneous