Facts related to filing of Annual Return (GSTR-9 & 9C) for the year 2017-18 (Status as on 12. Feb 2020)
|Category||No. of Taxpayers||%age|
|Taxpayers who are mandated to file GSTR-9||12.42 lakhs||--|
|Out of 12.42 lakhs, taxpayers who have filed GSTR-3B & GSTR||1 9.98 lakhs||80.3%|
|Out of 9.98 Iakhs, taxpayers who filed GSTR-9||9.11 lakhs||91.3%|
|Out of 9.11 Iakhs, taxpayers who filed GSTR-9C||8.42 lakhs||92.3%|
Important to note:
1. Those regular taxpayers who have aggregate turnover of more than Rs. 2 crore are mandated to file GSTR 9. For the rest, filing of GSTR-9 is optional.
2. For filing of GSTR-9, filing of all due GSTR-1 and GSTR-3B is compulsory.
3. Those who have not filed GSTR-9, will not be able to file GSTR-9C.
4. Apart from above, 32.92 laids taxpayers who are not mandated to file GSTR 9, have filed it.
5. Similarly, apart from above, 1.04 lakhs taxpayers who are not mandated to file GSTR 9C have filed the same.