Easy Office
LCI Learning

WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS BLUNDER?

Page no : 2

Radhika (Article Assistant) (41 Points)
Replied 11 May 2010

another example of the careless attitude of ICAI,this is simply not done if the institute expects the students to be professional(in answering the questions)then why does it behave in such unprofessional way,very bad

CA CS CIMA Prakash Somani (Landmark Group) (23502 Points)
Replied 11 May 2010

Its really funny and sad on ICAI's part .... How silly this mistake is which is on the face of records... They should accpet that it was because of the negligency of the person reaponcible for it.

Students in no way should suffer from it, they have to be compensated afterall even if they take exams again students efforts for that day is somehow wasted na....

So we shouldj wait till the ICAI response.... :) Cheers the helping hand :)

Replied 11 May 2010

If really it is the case then they have no right to be at the chair of ICAI... at least they should use the power in the most favourable interest of the students....

Originally posted by : CA SURENDRA KUMAR RAKHECHA

Really shocking. 

1. When Mr. Talati was President; CA papers were leaked first time in the history of CA Institute.

2. In one of the meeting at Bikaner when questioned by the students that there are so many mistakes in Hindi modules; then Mr. Uttam Prakash Agarwal (then Vice President)  answered the students that the Institute is not interested  to "develop" Hindi Modules for CA curriculum.

We have also seen "major irregularities" during the recent elections.

All the students should send their voice to the Institute through e-mails.

Replied 11 May 2010

I would agree with you ankur, but it was on the face of paper yaar which they did not noticed... 

Originally posted by : Ankur Garg
See mistake can be committed by anyone even by ICAI and that is fine.

But now they are asking for statement from students (Making fun of ICAI). This is something not acceptable at all keeping in view the hard work and welfare of students.

Misprint is a misprint….Student statement sa kya hoga…
Bonus marks should be awarded to hindi medium students.

Replied 11 May 2010

I am totally agree with you on this... when they are lackingprofessional ethics then how can they expect students to be professional....

Originally posted by : Radhika

another example of the careless attitude of ICAI,this is simply not done if the institute expects the students to be professional(in answering the questions)then why does it behave in such unprofessional way,very bad

Replied 11 May 2010

I am totally agree with you on this... when they are lackingprofessional ethics then how can they expect students to be professional....

Originally posted by : Radhika

CA Ruben Balooni (Professionalism ™) (1324 Points)
Replied 11 May 2010

Re-Exam :-)

or award bonus marks to english medium students too

CA. Dashrath Maheshwari (TaXpert) (15090 Points)
Replied 11 May 2010

Attention all Hindi Medium Students

As per general rule, You should read instructions in English only...

However, number of questions are fixed paper-wise, and each student should have knowledge about the number of questions to be attempted, even before the exams.

Take care in next papers.

3 Like

$wap$ (Assistant Auditor) (189 Points)
Replied 11 May 2010

Students are expected to confirm the total mark-tally before writing the papers..

How can they not notice the time allocation for remaining 3 questions?

Surely enough they should ask themselves, "how can the paper be so small and not be lengthy?"

Of course they should tally the marks allocation.. after all they have calculators AND they are appearing for a professional exam of Chartered ACCOUNTANTS!!!

Institute is not at fault if students dont use their common sense and appear for such PROFESSIONAL exam.

3 Like

neha gupta (ca ) (188 Points)
Replied 11 May 2010

its very shocking:(

Aniruddha Bhide (-) (27 Points)
Replied 11 May 2010

re-exam should be taken to give fair chance to both hindi and english medium students.

vasudevan (.) (376 Points)
Replied 11 May 2010

Originally posted by : Swaps

Students are expected to confirm the total mark-tally before writing the papers..

How can they not notice the time allocation for remaining 3 questions?

Surely enough they should ask themselves, "how can the paper be so small and not be lengthy?"

Of course they should tally the marks allocation.. after all they have calculators AND they are appearing for a professional exam of Chartered ACCOUNTANTS!!!

Institute is not at fault if students dont use their common sense and appear for such PROFESSIONAL exam.

I humbly disagree with Swaps... Normally there is a time constrain to complete the entire paper in 3 hours. so, immediately on receipt of question paper, students will try to write answers rather than checking whether the question paper has any mistakes or not.... Also FYI, no one bring calculators for law exams (U suggested to use calculators to tally the marks allocation etc).

Also, I believe that students use their common sense only if they sense any wrong in questions (and not for counting the number of questions)... Everyone assumes that there is no printing error in the question paper, that too in the professional exam like this...

However, as mentioned by "Swaps", going forward the students in their own-interest should confirm the total mark-tally before writing the papers.

Replied 11 May 2010

Not necesory that they should read in english only... if it is the case then why they opted the hindi medium (favouring students)... there is mismatch of marks which should have well home worked by ICAI.. and they did not do it so now they are facing complexions by stundents...

Originally posted by : Dashrath Maheshwari

Attention all Hindi Medium Students

As per general rule, You should read instructions in English only...

However, number of questions are fixed paper-wise, and each student should have knowledge about the number of questions to be attempted, even before the exams.

Take care in next papers.

$wap$ (Assistant Auditor) (189 Points)
Replied 11 May 2010

Good point Vasudevan,

However, I still stick to my earlier comment..

I remember carrying a calculator just in case a question on Section 372A appeared in the exams.. I hope everyone carries in case any practical question appears. Nevertheless, the important thing is to calculate the marks (hardly takes seconds) carrying a calculator or not is unimportant.

Nimish Jain (Internal Auditor/CA final student)   (240 Points)
Replied 11 May 2010

i guess bonus marks is a good option...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: