Which ITR for FY 2009-10

Dear Memebers,

I am bit confused...

I have 2 housing loans.. one of the house is reneted and the other is occupied by my parents. I also have income from salary. In such case which ITr to be used for the financial year 2009-10. I do not see itr 2 any more on the incometaxindia.go.in. I see new form Saral II, is this the once I housd be using.

Thanks in advance

Replies (5)

Yes, its saral II for u guys now

In that case how to show the income from the rented property.. there is nothing similar to Schedule HP of ITR 2

ITR I i. e. SARAL II is applicable only if there is Income from One House Property (excluding loss brought forward from previous years). Since two house property the said form cannot be used.

ITR 1 Saral II clearly mentions on the face of it

 

[For Individuals having income from Salary / Pension / Income from One
House Property (excluding loss brought forward from previous years) /
Income from Other Sources (excluding Winning from Lottery and Income from Race Horses)]

Hence Saral II cannot be used.

Dear Gangadhara,

i m totally in agreement with your concern. But one thing is very clear u cannot use Saral II(ITR_1) as it is meant for Individuals having Income from Salary / Pension / Income from One House Property (excluding loss brought forward from previous years) / Income from Other Sources (Excluding Winning from Lottery and Income from Race Horses.

ITR-2 is relevant for ur client, however the department website is not yet updated for its acceptance. i.e u cannot e-file it as of now.

Regards

Kanti Jain 

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 08 October 2026
ARTICLE TRAINEE

S.B.G. & CO. CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 03 October 2026
Accountant

A P Lodha and Associates

Jalna

B.Com

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accounts Executive

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

MBA

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article Assistant

Malhotra Rajesh & Associates

New Delhi

B.Com

View Details