Avail 20% discount on updated CA lectures for Dec 21 .Use Code RESULT20 !! Call : 088803-20003

ICICI

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Whether to do M.Com or Not ?

Yes, you can do M. Com as there are many options available in this fields after completing the master’s in commerce and Management. You can also do MBA program to make a well settled career. Well after doing MBA or M.Com. You have one of the best career options in lectureship and Research program.

The UGC NET Exam is conducted every year in the month of June and Dec month. The basic eligibility for this exam is completing the masters in the Commerce or Management or Economics or HR Subject with at least 55 % marks.

16 Replies

MOHIT MAHAJAN

MOHIT MAHAJAN (LCS, ACA)     13 May 2011

Yes, ca is self sufficient, but still there is no harm in getting another PG degree (provided u make sure that it don't interefere too much in ur ca schedule). 

Although technically CA is much more than a PG still i am too planning to have a pure PG degree like M.com/MBA (first reason simply to fulfill my desire of PG and most prominent reason is to apply for some govt. posts where PG is requirement and ca dont fulfill that).  If u dont want to make it too hectic and just want it for namesake then even distance one would be sufficient and better.  In my opinion Distance MBA can be slightly better than MCOM.

However if u dont have any specific reason for going for PG then u can prefer cs/cwa in addition to ca

1 Like
M. N. JHA

M. N. JHA (CA)     13 May 2011

AS MOHIT SAYS. . . .
Harpreet

Harpreet (* * * * * *)     13 May 2011

You should do/pursue another professional degree or diploma....

SANTOSH  SHAH

SANTOSH SHAH (Company Secretary)     13 May 2011

Originally posted by : Monika

Hello Friends

I am Ca Final Student and also a graduate , now i am thinking to do M.com , but peeople are sugeesting that there is no need to do M.com , ca is self sufficient . And now i am in fix whether to do mcom or not? if yes then whether i should do it frm correspondence or from regular and if not , then what other course i should do..............?

plz suggest wht will b the right option  i am also thinking of MBA ( Finanace)..........

Thanx in advnc for ur valuable suggestion ..........

Hi Monika

Whatever the course you take please ensure that it does add some value in the career.

There are many courses in the market, what you need to decide is that how the Mcom course

will help you in your career as you are on the edge of completing CA.

Time is precious. By spending 2 yrs for M.COM  or any other course if you think its going to add the

value in your career then proceed, I suggest you to do some research before going for M.com.

"Dont reach the spot where you have 2 Diversions, one road  is M.com & Other road being CA."

Hope you understand.

CA is a Professional & Superior degree to M.com.  So kindly check any such equivalent degree

which adds value to your career.

Alternatively ICWA is good option , you may also get some exemption on the subjects i guess.

Other views solcitied.

regards

Santosh Shah

Prateek

Prateek (B.Com(H) PGDBA CA Final)     13 May 2011

Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Forensic Accounting, Dip IFRS ACCA UK,Certified International Investment Analyst (CIIA)

1 Like
Biswajit Ghosh

Biswajit Ghosh (PNB(executive officer))     14 May 2011

Friend if u really want to do M.com, i have some information for you. as u cleared ur ca(inter). this corse is only for ca(inter) 

Master of Commerce in Finance & Taxation (MCom (F&T)

this course is conducted by IGNOU, www.ignou.ac.in

Minimum Duration: 2 Years
Maximum Duration: 5 Years
Course Fee: Rs. 6,000
Minimum Age: No bar 
Maximum Age: No bar 

Eligibility:

• Graduates in any discipline or equivalent from a recognised university are eligible for admission to the M Com Programme. 
  • Those admitted in the Chartered Accountancy Final Course. Candidates who have already completed Chartered Accountancy are also eligible to seek admission. 

Medium of Instructions: English

similarly M.COM in BUSINESS POLICY AND CORPORATE GOVERNANCE  for those who passed CS (INTER)

Similarly M.COM in MANGEMENT ACCOUNTING AND FINACIAL STRATEGY, for those who passed ICWA(INTER)

ADVANTAGE OF DOING M.COM FROM IGNOU IS CANDIDATE WILL GET SUJECT WAIVER.. GO THROUGH THE WEBSITE OF IGNOU AND HAVE A GOOD LOOK

Biswajit Ghosh

friend u have to decide what u have to do now.. MBA is also good option.. if you want to continue study then go for MBA from good B school.. if u want to do job then do M.COM.  in my opinion MBA + CA  is good combination.. u have done CA it means u have gathered so much knowledge, so dont opt for CWA & CS, because same thing u have to study again more or less. 

Biswajit Ghosh

in MBA u will get different knowledge,mangerial skill, business strategy..u can say its too much interesting course.. doing MCOM u will get one more degree bt no different knowledge ..try to do different thing.. 

(Guest)

i dont think that after ca u need to go for mcom.....bt if u have an interest there's no harm...bt i think MBA is a better option

Kumar Babu.G

Kumar Babu.G (Chartered Accountant)     14 May 2011

No need to do M.Com.But if you want to do any P.HD in future yo should possess master's degree.So if you have any intention like that do M.Com.Otherwise it will not make any value addition.

CA Ravi Sisodia

CA Ravi Sisodia (CA,CS,CMA)     14 May 2011

no need to do M.com at all.

you have a many options like - CS,CWA,CFA,MBA.

Avinash c

Avinash c (CA - Final)     14 May 2011

I think u can opt ICWA or ICSI simultaneously with CA it will help u in future to  get enter easily into corporate world  

CA ADITYA SHARMA

CA ADITYA SHARMA (CA IN PRACTICE )     15 May 2011

C A IS MORE THAN ENOUGH

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion

Popular Discussion

view more »

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags