What is defective return U/s 285BA of I.T. Act 1961?

What is defective return U/s 285BA of I.T. Act 1961?

Replies (5)

Basically,an incomplete return is a defective return......u/s section 139(9).The same logic should probably apply in relation to return covered u/s 285ba.

Section 139(9) applies to I.T. Returns, but Sec 285BA applies to Annual Information returns(AIR).

Pls don't use words like 'probable' for I.T. purposes.

But both are returns and both are required to be furnished to the income tax department...I was making an honest guess,as simple as that.

And I do think that the logic of section 139(9) can be applied to the AIR because the return of income filed under section 139(1) is the 'baap' of all the returns which are required to be filed under the income tax act.

Originally posted by :Þräßéêr
" Section 139(9) applies to I.T. Returns, but Sec 285BA applies to Annual Information returns(AIR).
Pls don't use words like 'probable' for I.T. purposes.
"


 

...and I am honestly eager to know the meaning of 'income tax returns'.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details