Technique for exam preparation

Ravi Somani(Ernst and Young) (Internship) (146 Points)

16 February 2011  

Hi Friends,

As we all are geared up for upcoming exams, i firmly believe that we dont need any super power to crack the exams and i also believe that there are only 2 things to be done to crack the papers:

1. Proper PLANNING and,

2. EXECUTING the plan

whereas point 2 as aforesaid i.e. executing the plan does not need much to be spoken about as it much depends on our self-determination and will power to JUST DO IT. However, if point 1 above i.e. planning is not practical then execution suffers. be true to your heart and think how many times we were not able to execute the plan just because we did'nt plan properly. So i thought lets learn how others plan for their studies and then pick the right plan for self. Iam a CA final student and looking for the right plan before i start my preparation. i want my other friends to share their study plan so that we get a fair idea of how to go about it. As of now am very much confused about my plan. However, my rough plan as of now is like this:

I will get study leave from March 1st, which means i have 60 days or (60days * 14 hrs per day) = 840 hrs. I already have exemption in law therefor i have 7 papers left. I want to chop my day of 14 hours by doing 4 subject for 3 hours each and 1 subject for 2 hours. Depending upon volume of the subject and my preparation level in each subject i distributed the hours for each subject like this:

Accounts(Its too vast) : 150 hrs

MAFA(Need lot of practice) : 100 hrs

Audit(Dont want to give much time mugging up as we need to any ways write by own) : 80 hrs

Costing ( Need lot of practice) : 120 hrs

MICS ( Not very vast but still time is reqd) : 120 hrs

DT (Need  to revise again and again regularly) : 150 hrs

IDT (Need  to revise again and again regularly) : 120 hrs

Please post your plans as well. It will help all of us in assessing our own plans and knowing the defects in our plan so that our very first plan will last till end and at the valuable time of preparation we will then be able to concentrate only on execution rather than changing plan again and again. waiting for ur plans..