Tax implications on resale of property

I have sold a property held for 20 years at 22 lacs, I beleive I am liable to pay 12.5% long term capital gain tax.

Suppose I invest in a new property and buy residential plot of 22 lacs so I beleive I don't have to pay abovesaid 12.5% . If I sell again new property at 23 lacs within a month will it fall under short term capital gains? Do I just need to pay tax for only 1 lacs ? Please suggest my tax implications

Replies (2)
Quick Summary
This discussion explores the tax implications of selling a property held for over 20 years. The user is seeking clarification on long-term capital gains tax and whether investing the sale proceeds into a new residential plot can exempt them from this tax. They also inquire about the tax treatment if the new property is sold quickly, potentially falling under short-term capital gains, and whether tax is only on the profit or the total sale amount.

Either purchase a new property or a seperate extension to get relief from capital gàns.

Is my tax liability only for 1 lacs capital gains or total 23 lacs received ?

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
04 September 2026
CA inter Or ca finalist

A Jaiswal and company

Lucknow

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 30 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

CA Suraj Garg & Associates

New Delhi

CA Final

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accounts Executive

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

MBA

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Audit Executive

Thammana & Associates

Srikakulam

B.Com

View Details