Tax implication while buying a new flat

Hello,

I have taken a loan and bought a resale flat. It is understod that repayment of home loan both interest and principal will be considerd during tax calculation. I would like to know is there any way to declare it as fixed asset. Is buying a flat is treated as income?

Can anybody help please.

Dibyendu,

Kolkata

Replies (6)

No sir buying a flat is never treated as income. It is always a Asset.

Thanks for your reply. Is there any place where I can declare while ince tax filing? Even if there is no tax liability on purchase of new flat, will NOT be a fixed asset?

Please reply.

Dibyendu,

Kolkata.

If you are filing the ITR -4 (Income from bussiness or profession income) and you are liable to maintain accounts as per section 44AA, then Fixed Asset amount sholud be declare, Otherwise not. 

If such property(flat) is let out during the year. than under house property head,detail of such property is required to filled. 

Regards

Thnaks once again.

I am NOT filing ITR4. I will be filing ITR2. What should the scenario here?

Thanks,

Dibyendu

Kolkata

Is it self occupied property? then show the detail of property under the "head income from House Property" normally detail is Address of such property(flat). and claim the exemption of Interest on Housing loan.

or if it is let out then still you need to provide the same detail as expalin above i.e address.

 

I want to maintain my IT file with proper account.

May I know how to account Income, Asset, Liabilities in this case(including purchase of flat as asset loan as liability etc.).

Please uplaod an ideal format of account so that I can prepare IT file in proper basis.

Please note that I am salaried.

Thanks and regards,

Dibyendu

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
26 September 2026
Chartared Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Article Assistant

SGNG & Associates

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
04 September 2026
CA inter Or ca finalist

A Jaiswal and company

Lucknow

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Articles

Saini Pati Shah & Co LLP, Chartered Accountants

Mumbai

CA Foundation

View Details