ITR3 - Switch from Old to New Regime

Hi,

Last year I filed ITR-3 and form 10-IEA to continue with the old regime. 

This year I want to switch to the new regime in ITR3 (F&O Trading & income from consulting), do I need to again file form 10-IEA to change the regimes? 

As I'm trying to opt to new regime, income tax website is kind of asking to again file form 10-IEA,

Please clarify this query, thanks in advance. 

Replies (3)
Quick Summary
This discussion clarifies the process for taxpayers filing ITR-3 who wish to switch from the old to the new tax regime. It confirms that Form 10-IEA must be refiled to opt for the new regime, and advises that once opted out of the old regime, returning to it may not be possible if you have business income. Additionally, it addresses tax audit requirements for F&O traders, stating that an audit is not mandatory if over 95% of transactions are digital, but filing before the due date is crucial for carrying forward losses.

Yes, you need to file form 10IEA again to switch back to NEW regime.

Note: once opted out of old regime, you will not be able to opt old regime in future (till have business income)

Many Thanks Sir,

One more question if you can kindly answer 

I am an F&O trader with annual turnover of around INR 3 Cr in FY24-25, I have made losses of around INR 8 lakhs. 100% of my transactions are digital. 

Do I need to get the audit done from the CA? 

Income tax website gives an option that if >95% of reciepts and payments are digital then audit is not required, 

Please guide, thanks in advance.

No. Tax audit not mandatory. File return before due date to carry forward losses.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartared Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA / CA Inter - 2 Groups Cleared

Getmyca Consultant Pvt Ltd

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details