Suggestions 4 preparation of ca (i'm a ca final 1st ranker)

(Guest)

Hello everyone. I am posting this topic because I received many personal messages from various members asking how to prepare for the exams.

First of all, I would like to tell all the students to prepare for their exams in the way they are comfortable with. I also advise to cover the entire syllabus in all the subjects even if you are finding it difficult to understand few topics. For example, in my case, topics like Capital Budgeting in SFM, Standard Costing in AMA, etc were difficult to understand quickly and required considerable period of time to get the required proficiency in the subject. 

Many also asked me as to what are the books they can refer for different subjects. I can say that there are many books available for all the subjects and most of them are very much helpful for the preparation of exams. So I cannot specifically tell the names of particular authors or publications. But as far as I am concerned, in the case of practical subjects like FR, SFM & AMA, I practiced problems from ICAI's Study Material, Practice Manual, Compilations (both final new course and old course), RTP, etc. In the case of Corporate and Allied Laws, Direct Tax Laws and Indirect Direct Tax Laws, I referred Bare Acts (apart from ICAI's study material and Supplementary Material). 

If anyone have any further queries, don't hesitate, feel free to ask me.